3 point usefulness on Ventrac?

/ 3 point usefulness on Ventrac? #1  

ShowroomShine

Gold Member
Tractor
2019 Case IH 55A
Being new to Ventrac and Steiner machines I’m seeing some Ventracs that have a 3 point hitch and most don’t.

Is the 3 point actually useful on these machines and worth trying to get one that has it or is it mostly for cargo hauling etc? I know ground engaging stuff like a box blade or something similar probably not the best on a Ventrac but I’m wondering what is actually used on it.

/ 3 point usefulness on Ventrac? #2  
The only rear attachments I have seen on them is when used to groom baseball fields.

/ 3 point usefulness on Ventrac? #3  
I have a box blade and a boom plus i made a ripper and all work ok with the hyd. top link......

/ 3 point usefulness on Ventrac? #4  
I keep a Norwood "log hog" on it most of the time for skidding logs. I also use a cultivator and rake that were originally designed for Kolpin's ATV 3 point hitch. The cultivator works great for loosening things up for seeding. I use the rake reversed to cover seed, and in normal position for raking. The Kolpin rake is pretty light compared to most Cat 1 rakes so it can't move a whole lot before it fills up and jumps the pile, but a typical CAT1 rake is heavier than I'd care to drag around on rough terrain.

Occasionally I use the 3n1 adapter back there to bring the bucket or another Ventrac implement along to wherever I'm working. For what I do where I work in the woods I can't imagine not having the 3 point hitch.

Attachments

• Kolpin Cultivator Teeth on 4500Z 001.jpg
    Kolpin Cultivator Teeth on 4500Z 001.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 129
  • Kolpin Rake Reversed 1S.jpg
    Kolpin Rake Reversed 1S.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 127
  • Norwood Log Hog 004S.jpg
    Norwood Log Hog 004S.jpg
    820.4 KB · Views: 129
   / 3 point usefulness on Ventrac? #5  
I also use the 3n1 adaptor with the bucket on the back when i have the stump grinder on the front. Works ok to move chips out of the way. With bucket on the front and the box blade on the back i can grade and move a lot of dirt.

/ 3 point usefulness on Ventrac? #6  
I do okay with this rear scraper blade.

Attachments

• RearBlade.jpg
    RearBlade.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 129
   / 3 point usefulness on Ventrac? #7  
I keep thinking about a front mounted 3P PTO driven attachment, that you can then add traditional cat 1 implements to! It probably hasn't been done for a number of very good reasons. But I have an old till and slasher that I would love to be able to use. The only non-powered 3P implement I have is a carry all, and I get by using the bucket and grapple attachment.