3 point hitch arms surging

/ 3 point hitch arms surging #1  

BruceS_55

Bronze Member
Tractor
RK25
I’m not sure surging is the right word. Anyway, today I was was doing some rotary cutting and after 45 minutes or so the 3 point arms started lifting and dropping and inch or two with no input to the control. I shut down and checked all the houses for leaks and for broken or damaged linkage. I also checked the rear remote controls since I had had a previous issue with the hitch not lifting and it turned out that I had bumped the control with the detent into the detent position. The fluid level was fine. When I started the tractor back up, the issue had stopped and it was working fine. Has anyone had this issue or know what may have caused it?

/ 3 point hitch arms surging #2  
Air in the system?

/ 3 point hitch arms surging #3  
Does your model of tractor have draft control? If yes possible you were operating right at the edge of where the draft would engage and disengage. Raise or lower implement just slightly and problem could go away.

/ 3 point hitch arms surging
Does your model of tractor have draft control? If yes possible you were operating right at the edge of where the draft would engage and disengage. Raise or lower implement just slightly and problem could go away.
No draft control.