2022 Polaris Ranger EV - picked up today!

/ 2022 Polaris Ranger EV - picked up today! #31  
Thanks for sharing your experiences with the Ranger EV, I have been wondering how they are working out. Sounds like you made a good choice and hopefully you get many years of good service out of it.

/ 2022 Polaris Ranger EV - picked up today!
Apparently my scathing survey response on vehicle satisfaction and customer service was read. Polaris corporate had my local dealer send a technician to my farm to install the new gas strut on the Polaris.

So, while it shouldn't have taken a stink to get a $65 part to me, they did come through and fix it last week.

The EV was definitely the right vehicle for my farm.

/ 2022 Polaris Ranger EV - picked up today! #33  
Apparently my scathing survey response on vehicle satisfaction and customer service was read. Polaris corporate had my local dealer send a technician to my farm to install the new gas strut on the Polaris.

So, while it shouldn't have taken a stink to get a $65 part to me, they did come through and fix it last week.

The EV was definitely the right vehicle for my farm.

Definition of a squeaky wheel. Yes, This should not have to been elevated to that point.
Glad you got your SxS fixed.

/ 2022 Polaris Ranger EV - picked up today!
That new part? It broke in about 5 weeks. Same failure. At least this time it failed on the bottom end.

I've ordered an aftermarket part on Amazon and will probably buy a restrictor cable to add.

/ 2022 Polaris Ranger EV - picked up today! #35  
Had a similar warranty experience with a gas Polaris 6X6. Swore I would never own another Polaris product.

/ 2022 Polaris Ranger EV - picked up today! #36  
OK, it's time to replace the lead -acid batteries. Due to a lot of use and age, they discharge quickly and I'm afraid to take it out farther than I am comfortable walking back.
A new set of decent lead-acid batteries costs almost the as much as a good lithium that should have as much or more range per charge, never need watering and should last at least 5 years, more likely 10. And lithium batteries are much lighter than lead-acid batteries. There are other advantages as well.
The trick is to find a battery or batteries that can supply the needed amount of current(amps) to properly run the ev. I'm looking to get a single 48v battery for my Polaris Ranger EV, there are also 12v batteries that can be string in series like the originals, I prefer the simplicity of a single battery. The trick is to find a battery that can supply the continuous and surge amperage draw of the EV.
DO YOUR RESEARCH before buying.

I've read on some other forums that the Ranger EV takes around 180A cruising and up to 480A at full power. Does anyone here know the actual numbers? Meanwhile, the battery I chose can meet those demands.

I haven't yet bought nor used this battery, I'll add to the forum what my results are after installing it.
-edited to fix typos

/ 2022 Polaris Ranger EV - picked up today! #37  
I've read on some other forums that the Ranger EV takes around 180A cruising and up to 480A at full power. Does anyone here know the actual numbers?
Mine went over 620A up a short steep hill on the way to the mailbox.

/ 2022 Polaris Ranger EV - picked up today! #39  
How did you measure the current draw?
The BMS shut it down when I went up the steep hill.
It was set at 620A:
Screenshot 2023-06-21 15.04.17.png
Screenshot 2023-06-21 15.05.14.png

What type of batteries does your Ranger EV have in it?
Voltronics. My thread: Electric Polaris Ranger

Last edited: