2022 Polaris Ranger EV - picked up today!

/ 2022 Polaris Ranger EV - picked up today! #1  

mvoght

Bronze Member
My Polaris Ranger EV arrived on Monday, was ready on Tuesday, but I had a busy week.

I suppose I should have taken pictures of it, loading it into my trailer, heading home, unloading it and immediately heading into the horse's field to spread a bale of hay, but it was dark. It is convenient it fits into my trailer, it is inconvenient that it doesn't fit in the front area, it fits where the horses belong. That means, no taking it to horse shows.

I'll get some pictures tomorrow.

It is higher than I expected. My tall husband likes that, but the point of this toy...er tool, is to make farm work easier for ME. But, I love how quiet it is, love that I just plug it in, don't need to fill the gas tank. It's dark and cold, so I put out hay, drove hubby over to the chicken coop so he could shut in his chickens, drove into the arena to look at it under the lights, then parked it.

Now, the temptation to accessorize and buy other toys to go with this toy will be there.

/ 2022 Polaris Ranger EV - picked up today! #3  
I will Be Watching orig.jpg
am waiting for the pictures
Congratulations.jpg

/ 2022 Polaris Ranger EV - picked up today!
Either my internet is being flaky or the site is...I can't get images to load from my cell phone. I'll come back later.

/ 2022 Polaris Ranger EV - picked up today! #5  
Are there any temperature recommendations, limitations, or concerns?

Electrification is coming much faster than most people know. Certainly there are pros and cons. I look forward to the simplicity and hopefully less maintenance.

/ 2022 Polaris Ranger EV - picked up today!
On the temperature concerns, there are a bunch of specs in the owner's manual, but for where I live, for my use, it boils down to "leave it plugged in charging if it is going to be below freezing".

I already want to start adding things to this giant toy.

Power steering kit - the rack&pinion steering does not feel like very good rack and pinion...this thing is hard to turn.
Rearview mirror - and maybe a back up camera. The complete silence of this means the dogs and kids won't realize its "running".
Hitch for the receiver - I knew I'd need this.
watering kit for the batteries before they get super corroded and install is relatively easy.

Might want a windshield.

The image in the "build your Ranger" shows a speedometer in the mockup. I only have a battery meter.

/ 2022 Polaris Ranger EV - picked up today! #7  
watering kit? its a flooded lead acid battery? not Li-ion?

/ 2022 Polaris Ranger EV - picked up today! #9  
Get a radio, play it so the kids/dogs can hear you coming. Does your Hubby get a toy too?

/ 2022 Polaris Ranger EV - picked up today! #10  
Range is 35-45 miles which I'm sure was measured not hauling a load. Not sure I want to be limited by a charge.