Buying Advice 2020 Massey 2607H

/ 2020 Massey 2607H #11  
I borrowed a neighbor's 1/3 yard cement mixer, so it was several small pours. I'm frugal, I used 1 part portland cement, two parts sand, and 3 parts 2" gravel, (aggregate). An easier alternative would be a ready pour bag mix available at most box stores.

/ 2020 Massey 2607H #12  
I purchased a new 2020 Massey Ferguson 2607H a few months back and now have 50 hours on it. Thought I would post a review to help others out since Massey does not seem to promote their tractors very well, and there was not a ton of info out there on this model outside of the videos posted by the guys from Vahrenburg(spelling?) Implement. While the videos were helpful, I wanted to hear more from owner/operators.

I decided I wanted to get a 70-75HP tractor, mostly for heavy lifting around my small farm and to pull an everything attachments heavy duty box blade that I planned to get, which weighs in at over 1000lbs. I narrowed my search to Kubota, New Holland, John Deere and Massey Ferguson. (I already own a GC-1720 and could not be happier with it. Runs strong and has been a work horse for the small stuff.) all dealers are close by and redundant dealers are within 1.5 hours of me.

After researching and shopping for a number of months, I was dismayed to find that all of the tractors in this HP range are either made in Turkey ( New Holland) or India (everyone else). However Kubota was the only USA made tractor. I liked how the Kubota speced out, but the weight was the lightest of the group and the price was one of the highest. Deere felt chincy and was pricy, its rear end did not look as beefy as the Massey, and if I was going to spend that kind of money for one of those green machines and wear their hat I sure wanted it to be made in our country! Was not a fan of the New Holland. While I also did not like that Massey was not a US made tractor either, I finally accepted that if I wanted a 70-75HP tractor this was the field I would have to choose from. Turns out they put a Perkins clone in the Massey. It is also one of the heaviest in the class. Came with all the features I wanted without all the little creature comforts that get in the way on an open station work horse. Had two rear remotes from factory, a 7 wide bucket (important to me and hard to find on others), comfortable operator station, no DEF, ground level fueling and oversized R1 tires.

I went to test it at the Belle Meade Garage in Belle Meade NJ. Kipp Higgins was the owner and was a very nice guy. Let me test drive it till my heart was content. Gave me a great price on it and I bought it. They delivered it for free. Great experience!

I bought the everything attachments box blade. Excellent ballast for this machine and works great on my new home construction site- not as good as a bulldozer but not a one trick pony either. The tractor is super powerful, smooth and the Perkins Diesel clone sounds phenomenal! Love this machine. It is a shame you do not see more of these guys out there.

If you are looking for a small frame heavy weight utility tractor that can do everything and more than the competition, do yourself a favor and check out the Massey. I am glad I did
I purchased a new 2020 Massey Ferguson 2607H a few months back and now have 50 hours on it. Thought I would post a review to help others out since Massey does not seem to promote their tractors very well, and there was not a ton of info out there on this model outside of the videos posted by the guys from Vahrenburg(spelling?) Implement. While the videos were helpful, I wanted to hear more from owner/operators.

I decided I wanted to get a 70-75HP tractor, mostly for heavy lifting around my small farm and to pull an everything attachments heavy duty box blade that I planned to get, which weighs in at over 1000lbs. I narrowed my search to Kubota, New Holland, John Deere and Massey Ferguson. (I already own a GC-1720 and could not be happier with it. Runs strong and has been a work horse for the small stuff.) all dealers are close by and redundant dealers are within 1.5 hours of me.

After researching and shopping for a number of months, I was dismayed to find that all of the tractors in this HP range are either made in Turkey ( New Holland) or India (everyone else). However Kubota was the only USA made tractor. I liked how the Kubota speced out, but the weight was the lightest of the group and the price was one of the highest. Deere felt chincy and was pricy, its rear end did not look as beefy as the Massey, and if I was going to spend that kind of money for one of those green machines and wear their hat I sure wanted it to be made in our country! Was not a fan of the New Holland. While I also did not like that Massey was not a US made tractor either, I finally accepted that if I wanted a 70-75HP tractor this was the field I would have to choose from. Turns out they put a Perkins clone in the Massey. It is also one of the heaviest in the class. Came with all the features I wanted without all the little creature comforts that get in the way on an open station work horse. Had two rear remotes from factory, a 7 wide bucket (important to me and hard to find on others), comfortable operator station, no DEF, ground level fueling and oversized R1 tires.

I went to test it at the Belle Meade Garage in Belle Meade NJ. Kipp Higgins was the owner and was a very nice guy. Let me test drive it till my heart was content. Gave me a great price on it and I bought it. They delivered it for free. Great experience!

I bought the everything attachments box blade. Excellent ballast for this machine and works great on my new home construction site- not as good as a bulldozer but not a one trick pony either. The tractor is super powerful, smooth and the Perkins Diesel clone sounds phenomenal! Love this machine. It is a shame you do not see more of these guys out there.

If you are looking for a small frame heavy weight utility tractor that can do everything and more than the competition, do yourself a favor and check out the Massey. I am glad I did
I'm interested in the 2607H can you give me an update on how you like it.?

/ 2020 Massey 2607H #13  
I'm not the OP, but I have a 2607H with 210hrs on it and I love it. Heavy, great HP, simple machine, fuel efficient tier 4 engine. The only issue I had was when the dealer added the 3rd function it came with a funky short control lever that replaced the nice long and properly bent factory lever. I modified if at its now better than the factory. My only gripe is that as big as it is, the 911x loader is somewhat light capacity. But I knew that going into it. I have a 72" grapple and can still pick up lot of stuff with out struggling too much. I only had one instance where I wish it would of had a little more lift.

/ 2020 Massey 2607H #14  
I've owned my 2605H with the 911 loader for about a year and a half and I wish I had bought it long before. I bought chains for working in the woods in the winter, but haven't needed them yet, even with a foot of snow.

/ 2020 Massey 2607H #15  
Owned the 2607H since March/April 2021. Running a YouTube channel with a central focus on using that tractor to reclaim land on my property. I've had very good experiences with it!

/ 2020 Massey 2607H #16  
Owned the 2607H since March/April 2021. Running a YouTube channel with a central focus on using that tractor to reclaim land on my property. I've had very good experiences with it!

what is the name of your YouTube channel? Same as username? Really interested in this series of tractor for our small acreage and wood-burning ambitions.

/ 2020 Massey 2607H #17  
I'm not the OP, but I have a 2607H with 210hrs on it and I love it. Heavy, great HP, simple machine, fuel efficient tier 4 engine. The only issue I had was when the dealer added the 3rd function it came with a funky short control lever that replaced the nice long and properly bent factory lever. I modified if at its now better than the factory. My only gripe is that as big as it is, the 911x loader is somewhat light capacity. But I knew that going into it. I have a 72" grapple and can still pick up lot of stuff with out struggling too much. I only had one instance where I wish it would of had a little more lift.
Could you post a picture and source of your FEL control lever? I find the factory supplied model that came with the third function also a bit awkward. i have to bend too far forward to manipulate it. I did find an adjustment to rotate the entire platform the lever sits on towards me, but that only made it a little better.

/ 2020 Massey 2607H #18  

I bought a a 4707 with deluxe cab in 2021..I love the functionality of. It's had a few bugs things over looked from factory but Dealer has been very helpful in the addressing all issues coming out at 50 hr first service going over the tractor and changing oil. There has been some updates from Massey on ac system to assist in cooling in the cab . Overall tractor is much more stable and stronger than my brother in laws Kubota 75 . I operate both both are good tractors but moving hay the Massey has more reach, more stability and power along with more weight to help in pushing and loading around the farm.
Addition to things I like no DEF and no Regen. The Kubota has Regen and seems to do it often.

/ 2020 Massey 2607H #19  
Do any of you find that the PTO engagement lever is too "short" and you have to reach down to grasp it? I'd like to see it be about 6-8 inches taller and easier to reach.

/ 2020 Massey 2607H #20  
Last spring I purchased a used 2016 Massey Ferguson 2607H with 4 wheel drive and 710 hours on it from a dealership in southern Oregon. Although it has a few issues, I still like the tractor.
2nd cutting 002.JPG