Buying Advice 2020 Massey 2607H

/ 2020 Massey 2607H #1  

gtmtnbkr14

I purchased a new 2020 Massey Ferguson 2607H a few months back and now have 50 hours on it. Thought I would post a review to help others out since Massey does not seem to promote their tractors very well, and there was not a ton of info out there on this model outside of the videos posted by the guys from Vahrenburg(spelling?) Implement. While the videos were helpful, I wanted to hear more from owner/operators.

I decided I wanted to get a 70-75HP tractor, mostly for heavy lifting around my small farm and to pull an everything attachments heavy duty box blade that I planned to get, which weighs in at over 1000lbs. I narrowed my search to Kubota, New Holland, John Deere and Massey Ferguson. (I already own a GC-1720 and could not be happier with it. Runs strong and has been a work horse for the small stuff.) all dealers are close by and redundant dealers are within 1.5 hours of me.

After researching and shopping for a number of months, I was dismayed to find that all of the tractors in this HP range are either made in Turkey ( New Holland) or India (everyone else). However Kubota was the only USA made tractor. I liked how the Kubota speced out, but the weight was the lightest of the group and the price was one of the highest. Deere felt chincy and was pricy, its rear end did not look as beefy as the Massey, and if I was going to spend that kind of money for one of those green machines and wear their hat I sure wanted it to be made in our country! Was not a fan of the New Holland. While I also did not like that Massey was not a US made tractor either, I finally accepted that if I wanted a 70-75HP tractor this was the field I would have to choose from. Turns out they put a Perkins clone in the Massey. It is also one of the heaviest in the class. Came with all the features I wanted without all the little creature comforts that get in the way on an open station work horse. Had two rear remotes from factory, a 7 wide bucket (important to me and hard to find on others), comfortable operator station, no DEF, ground level fueling and oversized R1 tires.

I went to test it at the Belle Meade Garage in Belle Meade NJ. Kipp Higgins was the owner and was a very nice guy. Let me test drive it till my heart was content. Gave me a great price on it and I bought it. They delivered it for free. Great experience!

I bought the everything attachments box blade. Excellent ballast for this machine and works great on my new home construction site- not as good as a bulldozer but not a one trick pony either. The tractor is super powerful, smooth and the Perkins Diesel clone sounds phenomenal! Love this machine. It is a shame you do not see more of these guys out there.

If you are looking for a small frame heavy weight utility tractor that can do everything and more than the competition, do yourself a favor and check out the Massey. I am glad I did

/ 2020 Massey 2607H #2  
I have the 2606h since September of 17. Great tractor, heavy weight, heavy duty.

/ 2020 Massey 2607H #3  
I have the 2604h. Great tractor, it痴 done everything i have asked of it. Strong heavy tractor.
My fil had a 47 hp Kubota and this tractor out performs it hands down.

Enjoy your tractor

/ 2020 Massey 2607H #4  
I bought a 2605H last spring, I absolutely love it! It came the 911 loader with the quick tach system and a bucket. I bought a set of forks, and a tiller, built a 2500# counter weight, and a utility carrier for the 3-point, My only regret is I hadn't bought a 4-wheel drive tractor with a good loader, and 3-point twenty years ago. I am impressed with the loader, although the joystick did break off. The dealer ordered a new and improved version of one and did not charge me for it I like the almost soviet rugged design and appearance of the front axle. I like that the driveshaft is not the lowest point of the tractor, like a blue one that I test drove. I like the simplicity of the emission system from an operator's point of view, fill the tank, check the oil and go. I expect good service from the engine, mine is a smaller sister of the two with more horsepower in the same series tractor so I don't expect that I can over-tax the driveline.

/ 2020 Massey 2607H #5  
Thank you for the review! Like you I am having trouble finding reviews from owner / operators.....

/ 2020 Massey 2607H #6  
I purchased a new 2020 Massey Ferguson 2607H a few months back and now have 50 hours on it. Thought I would post a review to help others out since Massey does not seem to promote their tractors very well, and there was not a ton of info out there on this model outside of the videos posted by the guys from Vahrenburg(spelling?) Implement. While the videos were helpful, I wanted to hear more from owner/operators.

I decided I wanted to get a 70-75HP tractor, mostly for heavy lifting around my small farm and to pull an everything attachments heavy duty box blade that I planned to get, which weighs in at over 1000lbs. I narrowed my search to Kubota, New Holland, John Deere and Massey Ferguson. (I already own a GC-1720 and could not be happier with it. Runs strong and has been a work horse for the small stuff.) all dealers are close by and redundant dealers are within 1.5 hours of me.

After researching and shopping for a number of months, I was dismayed to find that all of the tractors in this HP range are either made in Turkey ( New Holland) or India (everyone else). However Kubota was the only USA made tractor. I liked how the Kubota speced out, but the weight was the lightest of the group and the price was one of the highest. Deere felt chincy and was pricy, its rear end did not look as beefy as the Massey, and if I was going to spend that kind of money for one of those green machines and wear their hat I sure wanted it to be made in our country! Was not a fan of the New Holland. While I also did not like that Massey was not a US made tractor either, I finally accepted that if I wanted a 70-75HP tractor this was the field I would have to choose from. Turns out they put a Perkins clone in the Massey. It is also one of the heaviest in the class. Came with all the features I wanted without all the little creature comforts that get in the way on an open station work horse. Had two rear remotes from factory, a 7 wide bucket (important to me and hard to find on others), comfortable operator station, no DEF, ground level fueling and oversized R1 tires.

I went to test it at the Belle Meade Garage in Belle Meade NJ. Kipp Higgins was the owner and was a very nice guy. Let me test drive it till my heart was content. Gave me a great price on it and I bought it. They delivered it for free. Great experience!

I bought the everything attachments box blade. Excellent ballast for this machine and works great on my new home construction site- not as good as a bulldozer but not a one trick pony either. The tractor is super powerful, smooth and the Perkins Diesel clone sounds phenomenal! Love this machine. It is a shame you do not see more of

I bought the everything attachments box blade. Excellent ballast for this machine and works great on my new home construction site- not as good as a bulldozer but not a one trick pony either. The tractor is super powerful, smooth and the Perkins Diesel clone sounds phenomenal! Love this machine. It is a shame you do not see more of these guys out there.

If you are looking for a small frame heavy weight utility tractor that can do everything and more than the competition, do yourself a favor and check out the Massey. I am glad I did

these guys out there.

Hey gtmtnbkr14 ! Welcome to TBN, I had to check that model M-F out being a fan of M-F , I did see a video from Massey-Ferguson those are a really nice piece of equipment ,But as You stated not to many reviews , You might help if You & your other TBN members post a review here on TBN of these Mighty-Fine M-F ,There are none listed under reviews here on TBN so I hope You & your fellow owners will post a review & when other people look up reviews on this model M-F 2607H on a Google search it will show your review there as well as on TBN but it has to be posted here 1st . Good luck with your new M-F 2607H & again welcome to TBN.

/ 2020 Massey 2607H #7  
Love mine! The HP, size and weight is great for me.

Attachments

• 20200214_140518.jpg
    20200214_140518.jpg
    6.5 MB · Views: 370
   / 2020 Massey 2607H #8  
I bought a 2605H last spring, I absolutely love it! It came the 911 loader with the quick tach system and a bucket. I bought a set of forks, and a tiller, built a 2500# counter weight, and a utility carrier for the 3-point, My only regret is I hadn't bought a 4-wheel drive tractor with a good loader, and 3-point twenty years ago. I am impressed with the loader, although the joystick did break off. The dealer ordered a new and improved version of one and did not charge me for it I like the almost soviet rugged design and appearance of the front axle. I like that the driveshaft is not the lowest point of the tractor, like a blue one that I test drove. I like the simplicity of the emission system from an operator's point of view, fill the tank, check the oil and go. I expect good service from the engine, mine is a smaller sister of the two with more horsepower in the same series tractor so I don't expect that I can over-tax the driveline.

Mind sharing some pics/info of your counter weight?

/ 2020 Massey 2607H #9  
Mind sharing some pics/info of your counter weight?
Here are some pictures, we built a box form out of plywood, I was concerned that it might sag out from the weight of the cement, so we ran #10 wire through the sides and twisted them tight. i use some exhaust pipe for the lower mount to the 3 point arms, I insert a drawbar through it. For the upper mount, I used some angle iron tack welded to the pipe, and filled the form. It stands about 42 inches high, and about 25 inches each way on the top, we think it weighs about 2500 pounds. I think it might be overkill but, the tractor lifts it.

Attachments

• BBox-02.jpg
    BBox-02.jpg
    723.3 KB · Views: 289
  • BBox-04.jpg
    BBox-04.jpg
    929.1 KB · Views: 282
  • IMG_0806 (1).jpg
    IMG_0806 (1).jpg
    362.7 KB · Views: 342
  • thumbnail_IMG_0807.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_0807.jpg
    364.2 KB · Views: 269
   / 2020 Massey 2607H #10  
Here are some pictures, we built a box form out of plywood, I was concerned that it might sag out from the weight of the cement, so we ran #10 wire through the sides and twisted them tight. i use some exhaust pipe for the lower mount to the 3 point arms, I insert a drawbar through it. For the upper mount, I used some angle iron tack welded to the pipe, and filled the form. It stands about 42 inches high, and about 25 inches each way on the top, we think it weighs about 2500 pounds. I think it might be overkill but, the tractor lifts it.

That looks similar to what I want to make.

Did you do it all in one pour or was it a multi step process?