2014 Toolcat 5600: G - Unhappy when Traction Control Enabled

/ 2014 Toolcat 5600: G - Unhappy when Traction Control Enabled #11  
That is normal operation for the hydrostatic transmission and just to be picky, there is no gas pedal in the diesel powered machine. ;)

Bobcat has a name for the go pedal, but l can't think of it now and am too lazy to look it up.
They call it the "drive pedal".

/ 2014 Toolcat 5600: G - Unhappy when Traction Control Enabled
UPDATE: Still no luck on diagnosing the problem - but I did get an error code while trying a test drive today.

Code was 50-89. Can’t seem to find anywhere what that might be related to.
Dealer was able to lookup the code for me. Speed sensor related. He suggested it could either be lack of signal or issue at the wiring harness.

/ 2014 Toolcat 5600: G - Unhappy when Traction Control Enabled #13  
Unfortunately mice like to chew on the wires :eek:.

/ 2014 Toolcat 5600: G - Unhappy when Traction Control Enabled
Hey Guys!

Just wanted to provide a quick update on where I ended up with this issue. I was able to use the machine wit traction control disabled without and issue until I began getting an intermittent 66-04 error code (no ECU communication). Until one day everything stopped dead.. on the road… in traffic 🤦‍♂️

It turns out my ECU had come loose from the mounting bracket, rattled around and work through its protective housing and been exposed to some very heavy levels of corrosion. I tried to clean up the board carefully, but no luck.

I was able to source out a REM ECU through my local dealer and have a local tech come out to program it. (For those like me who were unaware, the ECU won’t function out of the box until calibrated).

After the new board and calibration not only was my dead TC issue solved but also my entire traction control issue as well! The machine is also coming to a stop when releasing the pedal at a much more reasonable speed now as well.

I am not fully certain if the issue was being caused / solved by the faulty ECU or just by the calibration. But other way I’m happy to report that I’m now back up and running better than ever and with no codes to go with!!

Just in time to, we just got nailed with a huge storm up here in Canada and got my plow blade out for the first time ever!

Merry Christmas and hope Santa spoiled everyone!!