2 in the furture on friday would you buy an electric car maybe almost if its free sorta kinda thing

/ 2 in the furture on friday would you buy an electric car maybe almost if its free sorta kinda thing #31  
Cool! I used to love bike riding, but I've not done well for my knees, and I've definitely put on weight lol.
Here's a my e-bike it's a imported roll road swift model it's a walk thru, (awesome feature) foldable (easily fits in the back of a compact car, RV, or boat). it's going on three years not two. I've replaced the cheap foldable pedals and got a new Shimano chain cause both broke both were issues with the manual pedal mechanism not motor or electrical probably paid around 30 bucks for upgraded replacement parts. It has a Shimano deraillair, disc brakes, 500 watt motor, lithium ion battery with charger unsure of amp hrs. Can get around 40 miles on one charge, suspension seat (sort of) , suspension in front forks, headlight and horn, fenders and rear rack. Goes over 25mph with no pedaling can start on a hill going up no problem, cruise control kicks on after a minute holding the thumb throttle kicks off by applying brake, has 5 motor settings and can be used to assist pedaling only or just not pedal at all or strictly pedal with no assist. Supposedly has a 200 lb weight limit I'm at that. Was Leary of hooking a foldable bike trailer to it but ran all last year with it towing around a hundred pounds of children no problems. (Try explaining to your wife why she should pedal the kids around with her non e-bike) or Don't. It was a gift and believe it was under 1k at the time I hope. Anyways I really am impressed with that thing and so are people I let try out I'm a lot more sold on future EVs than before after owning it. Any questions feel free to pm so I don't cause a d.b.Cooper incident.

Attachments

• KIMG1691.JPG
    KIMG1691.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 56
  • KIMG1694.JPG
    KIMG1694.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 62
  • KIMG1695.JPG
    KIMG1695.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 59
   / 2 in the furture on friday would you buy an electric car maybe almost if its free sorta kinda thing #32  
Interesting thread. The consensus seems to be no. No free electric car. We all know free isn't really free. If your neighbor gets a free electric car guess who will be paying for it. :unsure: :oops::rolleyes:
Me, I'm not against electric vehicles, I was just goofing on the thread title lol.

/ 2 in the furture on friday would you buy an electric car maybe almost if its free sorta kinda thing #33  
I wish somebody would explain the thread title for me ....

/ 2 in the furture on friday would you buy an electric car maybe almost if its free sorta kinda thing #34  
You can connect, climate change to anything. Its become the great escape goat for any other, better, sensible explanation that is really, something entirely else. Something we could be concerned with.
I find articles all the time, blaming climate change. Then, I do some independent investigation, and the whole premise of the article starts to fall apart as bad science, a special interest, or redirection.
Look up stuff on your own.... Don't use the usual channels. Look up primary data with out the stupid interpretations and bias. And don't believe any thing that comes out of Australia, or the EU IPCC on face value. This is a simulation model, they are working with. Statements are just predictions. World Temperature readings are changed to satisfy the media owner patron. The interpretations are political and a very, very, a little bit real. All lies have to have a bit of truth to them to work. :)

Last edited:
   / 2 in the furture on friday would you buy an electric car maybe almost if its free sorta kinda thing #36  
I find articles all the time, blaming climate change. Then, I do some independent investigation, and the whole premise of the article starts to fall apart as bad science, a special interest, or redirection.
Not just "climate change", but man-made climate change. Almost every news story makes that distinction. Yeah, our ever-increasing numbers are putting a strain on the planet, but that's not the only dog in this fight.

/ 2 in the furture on friday would you buy an electric car maybe almost if its free sorta kinda thing
A lot of people talk about fuel savings and such

For 2 years I rode a tomos moped. 120+mpg. Daily. Was buying 1 gallon a month. But I was lucky to live on base and the highest speed limit road was 35mph

An electric bike would of been cheaper but I dont think it would be 30 years old and still kicking on original batteries.

I just got a 1978 all original tomos going. 25-30mph top speed. 100+ mpg. Perfect little city/town bike

/ 2 in the furture on friday would you buy an electric car maybe almost if its free sorta kinda thing #38  
Well - it won't be today. And I have no idea about what the future will hold. Today's electric pickup simply will not do what I need done. Range, towing, recharge stations, cost to purchase, cost to keep charged - we all know this line of statistics.

I'm simply not prepared to alter my lifestyle to accommodate the current limitations of an electric vehicle.

Besides - I enjoy the Taco Wagon too much.

/ 2 in the furture on friday would you buy an electric car maybe almost if its free sorta kinda thing #39  
If someone GAVE me one, I might use it... Until the battery died, then I'd leave it sit on the side of the road.

/ 2 in the furture on friday would you buy an electric car maybe almost if its free sorta kinda thing #40  
We drive a Hyundai Accent mostly, great mpg, we fill it for $30-$35 twice a month and my electric bill doesn't go up.
So yes, that's my attitude also...if the electric was free I still have to wire in 240v current (easy to do here at garage)...but if our electric bill started going up (friend bought a Chevy Bolt electric a couple months ago, they don't drive that much and their electric bill doubled!). My wife said if she had to drive an EV with the screen, cameras and other electronics she'd "take a hammer to it"!