3-Point Hitch 2 bottom plow

/ 2 bottom plow #31  
It will shock me if in real life situations many moldboard plowing depths are controlled/governed by point width. Your plow must have narrow cut & not full cut points. On moldboard plows I've used full cut points cut total width of furrow floor. Also 128'' isn't twice as much as 72'' either

You are right you can plow what ever depth you want, sod is more sensitive to depth to turn over right though. I've gone 7" on my 12" but it doesn't turn the sod right. I run 5.5-6" and it turns nicely.

Yes 144-128=16 less than being double, so not quite double, another words it's about 80% more.

I have older 12" bottoms that use this share. They are around 7.5" wide.

Attachments

• IMG_5341.JPG
    IMG_5341.JPG
    475.7 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_2882.JPG
    IMG_2882.JPG
    525.1 KB · Views: 77
   / 2 bottom plow #32  
Farmer495
Your photo with tape measure isn't the way I was taught to measure a moldboard point(share). As I previously stated standing behind standard/bottom to correctly measure MB point one measures behind standard from landslide or frog to RH end of point(share) similar to green line in photo below.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-05-23 160054.png
    Screenshot 2022-05-23 160054.png
    255.8 KB · Views: 82
  • Screenshot 2022-05-23 155207.png
    Screenshot 2022-05-23 155207.png
    172.3 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:
   / 2 bottom plow #33  
Farmer495
Your photo with tape measure isn't the way I was taught to measure a moldboard point(share). As I previously stated standing behind standard/bottom to correctly measure MB point one measures behind standard from landslide or frog to RH end of point(share) similar to green line in photo below.

Your green line (and purplish one) on the first photo are 12" on my plow. It's a 3x12"

The long straight edge on my share/point runs parallel to the beam. It's not a flat piece of metal. Still isn't the width of the furrow on my plow. Brand new share, factory built IH plow.

Attachments

• IMG_1253.JPG
    IMG_1253.JPG
    265.1 KB · Views: 64
   / 2 bottom plow #34  
Your plow has shares that I have never seen in person down here in Texas. Was your plow built in UK?
Screenshot 2022-05-23 174931.png

/ 2 bottom plow #35  
Your plow has shares that I have never seen in person down here in Texas. Was your plow built in UK?View attachment 747362

It's a Canadian built plow, ACE-8 bottom. They were very common in eastern Canada. The bottom is likely UK inspired because of British Commonwealth links.

Most plows that era were similar here, we tended to get UK things from MF, IH, Ford etc. Here is an MF I noticed come up for sale today:

1653348064164.png

/ 2 bottom plow #37  
That suicide knob will be the death of you.
You will be howling down the road on the side of some mountain in the dark of night clocking over 80 mph and the thing will snap sending you sailing out into the night air.
Nah, the lack of a ROPS will do me in long before the SC gets to 80 mph.
Actually, the knob was standard equipment. It was an important part of Case's trademarked "Quick Dodge" steering. Look for it at about 5 o'clock in the upper photo of this page from the owner's manual...

Attachments

• Hitch2.jpg
    Hitch2.jpg
    937 KB · Views: 69
   / 2 bottom plow #38  
Oops. I was originally sent here by an email from TractorByNet, and didn't notice that it's a John Deere forum. And here I am posting pictures of a Case. It's a wonder they don't throw me out.
To redeem myself, I'll post a photo of our 4600 with our 3-14 Ford 101 plow.

Attachments

• PICT3148.JPG
    PICT3148.JPG
    4.2 MB · Views: 63
   / 2 bottom plow #39  
Oops. I was originally sent here by an email from TractorByNet, and didn't notice that it's a John Deere forum. And here I am posting pictures of a Case. It's a wonder they don't throw me out.
To redeem myself, I'll post a photo of our 4600 with our 3-14 Ford 101 plow.

This website isn't a John Deere forum, it started out as a Kubota forum if I remember correctly. This is just a sub-forum for John Deere equipment.

I've never had a Case tractor but I do have a 3-14 Case plow I pull with my 5075E. There is nothing on it to say exactly what model it is, the best I can tell is it's an MRB. It has a regular category 1 3-point unlike your Eagle Hitch BER, the EX bottoms, and shear bolt standards. We had a 4-16 semi-mount Case with trip standards growing up, I believe it was an STA. It had a regular 3 point hitch too as we pulled it behind a 77 HP Deere. The thing I remember with the 4-16 was that you had to mount a tie rod cylinder with the rod pointing forward else you would pinch the bottom of the cylinder with the bottom of the front bracket for the cylinder and ruin the cylinder when you extended the cylinder to lift the plow. I will tell you a fully mounted plow is certainly handier to move around than a semi-mount but a little more work to level and set depth on.

/ 2 bottom plow #40  
Believe this is the John Deere Forum within the tractorbynet website. Venture back to the home page and one can see all the different Forums within TBN.