1997 T5C hydraulics Problem

/ 1997 T5C hydraulics Problem #1  

Rick Sladewski

Bronze Member
Tractor
1964 MF 35 Industrial Utility,Turf (gas) 1997 T5C Terramite
Starting to have problems and looking to narrow it down. Started about 3 weeks ago. When I stopped movement and let up the pedal or even in mid use of the buckets it would start jigging a little. Just sort of a little jerking. using the buckets or ups and downs on them did not stop it, but a hard tap on the pedal would. Now the steering has gotten hard and the jigging still happens on and off. Going down hill it has started to almost sort of free run untill I hit the pedal.
What I have checked so far is, Fluid level GOOD. NO leaks. Hoses are GOOD. Changed filter.
I figure it has to be one of the these 3. Transmission, Drive Motor, Power Steering Pump.
Any and all suggestions would be helpful as none of those things are cheap.
Thank You
Rick Sladewski

/ 1997 T5C hydraulics Problem #2  
You may have a sticky, stuck relief valve. Cross your fingers, that's cheap.

If your machine will lift its rear on the stabilizers, check that the pedal is in complete control of the tram lever on the pump body.

I had a broken roll pin that was causing the lever the pedal controls to judder. Had symptoms similar to your description.

/ 1997 T5C hydraulics Problem #3  
changed filter so did you also clean the suction screen inside the tank?

/ 1997 T5C hydraulics Problem
You may have a sticky, stuck relief valve. Cross your fingers, that's cheap.

If your machine will lift its rear on the stabilizers, check that the pedal is in complete control of the tram lever on the pump body.

I had a broken roll pin that was causing the lever the pedal controls to judder. Had symptoms similar to your description.
I saw that post on the spring pin. Been waiting on the rain to stop to check that one

/ 1997 T5C hydraulics Problem #6  
No, and have no idea how.

Part #11
IMG_2089.JPG

I saw that post on the spring pin. Been waiting on the rain to stop to check that one
I did a quick check on the pedal and spring pin. The shaft will slide from transmission to outside with a 1/2 inch play, but the square metal cover is still over the plastic square. Just sliding back and forth. as for play in the pedal, I cannot see any but will have to do a disassemble to totally check the pin.

changed filter so did you also clean the suction screen inside the tank?
So, it looks like I just drain, take off hose, and unscrew nut till the screen comes out? I know that has to be dirty, bad. Just because of some of the things the previous owner told me.

/ 1997 T5C hydraulics Problem #9  
yes, you got the idea.
I cleaned mine with brake fluid and compressed air, the brake fluid dries quick.

Suction screen filter pulled and cleaned. Was not bad at all, but a fair amount of metal shavings. About 1/4 a teaspoon stuck on the screen. Rolled pin and pedal are fine. A little play, but then the whole machine has play. Tested machine and still the same.

Now what, any more idea's.