1974 4 wheel drive 24 hp 244 hours always kept in garage.

/ 1974 4 wheel drive 24 hp 244 hours always kept in garage.
Thanks for your post!

/ 1974 4 wheel drive 24 hp 244 hours always kept in garage.
Thanks

/ 1974 4 wheel drive 24 hp 244 hours always kept in garage. #44  
FWIW...
In older tractors of this range in size and HP...the average difference between one with and one without a front end loader is about $2k...more if converted to ssqa...

/ 1974 4 wheel drive 24 hp 244 hours always kept in garage. #45  
My dad has a 2 wheel drive 1983 L340 with ~400 hours. He bought it from a friend in a similar position you are (it was his father in laws) for $3500. That was the friends and family price, so I'd say $5000 for yours considering it's 4 wheel drive. Someone looking for one to use like my dad would love it. Small garden, bush hogging, food plots, grading a gravel drive way, and the list goes on that a tractor with no loader can be used for.

/ 1974 4 wheel drive 24 hp 244 hours always kept in garage. #46  
My dad has a 2 wheel drive 1983 L340 with ~400 hours. He bought it from a friend in a similar position you are (it was his father in laws) for $3500. That was the friends and family price, so I'd say $5000 for yours considering it's 4 wheel drive. Someone looking for one to use like my dad would love it. Small garden, bush hogging, food plots, grading a gravel drive way, and the list goes on that a tractor with no loader can be used for.

Yep. My Ford gets more hours per year than the Kubota.

/ 1974 4 wheel drive 24 hp 244 hours always kept in garage. #47  
I think it's a money pit if you intend to use it. Every other time you use it, you'll work on it.

I'm guessing you're a "glass half empty" kind of guy.

Of course, it may be true. But then again, it may well be not.

/ 1974 4 wheel drive 24 hp 244 hours always kept in garage. #48  
I'm guessing you're a "glass half empty" kind of guy.

Of course, it may be true. But then again, it may well be not.

Nope. Actually a glass half full kind of guy.

Just expressing my experience with an old, lightly used machine. The human mind starts thinking it's an almost new machine with that few hours!!!! What a bargain!!!! Then the fan belt breaks. Then the alternator quits working. Then the tires fall apart. Then the gauges stop working. The list becomes endless.

No big deal if it's expected. Huge deal if not.

So this tractor should realistically be bought considering the possibility of these things. If it can be bought cheap enough it has a chance of working out.

Best thing it has going for it is it's brand.

/ 1974 4 wheel drive 24 hp 244 hours always kept in garage. #49  
I think it's a money pit if you intend to use it. Every other time you use it, you'll work on it. Would be a risk to givr $3000 for it.

With that said, it's your Dad's. Don't sell it.

Pretty much what I think.

/ 1974 4 wheel drive 24 hp 244 hours always kept in garage. #50  
Around here that would be a $6500 tractor with those hours and that capability. Parts are still available, and those are excellent little tractors. I have 2.