1974 4 wheel drive 24 hp 244 hours always kept in garage.

/ 1974 4 wheel drive 24 hp 244 hours always kept in garage. #51  
Thanks for the reply,am going to go get it and bring to Texas,polish it up and use it.May get it stuck.I appreciate your honesty,I remember going to Dover Tn with my dad and nephew to pick it up,amazing the price it was!Thanks again.
Did Dover have Kubota dealer back then? I was born in Stewart County. Dover is the county seat. Still have a lot of relatives in the area. I don't ever remember a Kubota dealer.

/ 1974 4 wheel drive 24 hp 244 hours always kept in garage.
Did Dover have Kubota dealer back then? I was born in Stewart County. Dover is the county seat. Still have a lot of relatives in the area. I don't ever remember a Kubota dealer.

I知 sure there is a dealer sticker on it but can稚 remember,will try to let you know when I get it back here and start using it to prove all the neysayers wrong!

Well got the Kubota back to Texas,125 hours not 244.Pulled a five foot shredder behind it for a while,changed oil,tires look brand new.Strong tractor,being a 1978 I’m very impressed!

/ 1974 4 wheel drive 24 hp 244 hours always kept in garage. #54  
Glad you got it back!

BTW, on Monday morning the 16th, the Big Boy old steam train will be in Navasota for a short stopover.

/ 1974 4 wheel drive 24 hp 244 hours always kept in garage. #55  
Well got the Kubota back to Texas,125 hours not 244.Pulled a five foot shredder behind it for a while,changed oil,tires look brand new.Strong tractor,being a 1978 I’m very impressed!
I grew up running a L285DT, it was my dads. Back in the day, everyone thought it was the coolest tractor around. With a loader it was Nice for doing a little hay baling or moving loads of dirt. We had a 3pt hitch backhoe and dug miles of concrete footing with it. Dug out for concrete slabs, moved bags of mortar, stone, rebar. We even dug a few small ponds. Incredible traction for back then.

/ 1974 4 wheel drive 24 hp 244 hours always kept in garage. #56  
That is sweet redfin00. Oh wait.....I mean that is junk, you should send it to Canada and I'll take it off your hands, LOL!

Seriously, I would keep that and keep it pristine.

/ 1974 4 wheel drive 24 hp 244 hours always kept in garage. #57  
I think it's a money pit if you intend to use it. Every other time you use it, you'll work on it. Would be a risk to givr $3000 for it.

With that said, it's your Dad's. Don't sell it.
I have a 1978 Ford 1100, about half the horsepower of the currently discussed tractor and it runs like a Swiss Clock. Breakdowns are almost non existent, and the only drawback I have found is parts COST! They don't give those parts away CHEAP, but luckily they don't use many!
David from jax

/ 1974 4 wheel drive 24 hp 244 hours always kept in garage. #58  
My first tractor, 20 years ago, was a clean used B8200- couldn't tell you when it was manufactured. Bush Hog loader. Gear drive, no PS. I was lucky in finding a Kubota PS aftermarket kit, which made it SOOoo much more useful. I added lights, tooth bar, and tire chains. I sold it about 10 years later, with about 800 hours, for about what I had in it, $7500 or so. If it is still in decent condition, I would consider it still well worth $7500. They were solidly built, work horse little tractors. Kubota built their reputation with such tractors. I never had the first problem with that B8200, and would expect it continued like that, given regular maintenance.

Glad you got it back!

BTW, on Monday morning the 16th, the Big Boy old steam train will be in Navasota for a short stopover.
Went and saw it was awesome