1974 4 wheel drive 24 hp 244 hours always kept in garage.

/ 1974 4 wheel drive 24 hp 244 hours always kept in garage. #31  
Makes me kind of wonder what a tractor was used for, all those 244 hours in the garage.

/ 1974 4 wheel drive 24 hp 244 hours always kept in garage. #32  
Was my dads,he passed in 2014,is at my sisters,I last started it around then,no problem.Sister wants to sell,I hate to but,have one of my own.Good tractor,no front end loader.Would like input on value?
I purchased a New Kubota L245DT in 1976, still have the receipt I paid $2785.00 It was my first Kubota. I sold it 14 yrs later for $4500, not sure exact hrs but I know it was between 200 and 300 hrs, I rolled the tractor, replaced steering wheel, Hood and seat, repainted tractor, both Orange and gray also welded a ROPS for it, great little tractor, 8 speed std trans. w/H/L, 3 speed PTO, no power steering. If I had that tractor you are considering selling, I wouldn't sell it for less than $6500 in it's condition. You can't compare it to cars or trucks it's a tractor.There may be only 2 or 3 guy's looking for this type of extremely low hr tractor but you only need one.What can you buy in a diesel four wheel drive tractor, with three point hitch and PTO with low hrs.for $6500. Anyone that wants it for the prices they quoted you only want to flip it for their own personal gain, you have one of the first made US Kubota tractors don't give it away.

/ 1974 4 wheel drive 24 hp 244 hours always kept in garage. #33  
Like Kubota 2007 said.....don't give it away. It may take a while but somebody will want that. It's hard to put a number on it because you can buy restored antique tractors dirt cheap right now.
But there are people that would want an old Kubota in that shape.

I would advertise it on all the Kubota forums.

That's a nice tractor by the way.

/ 1974 4 wheel drive 24 hp 244 hours always kept in garage. #34  
That is what is nice about being a buyer or seller, you both have a choice in what you want to do. If the seller has a set price, then he can keep it until he sells it or go down in price. You can tell from this thread that your prices going from 2500 to 6500 +, buyer and seller just has to decide where they want to be. I would love to have another tractor, but I would have to build another shed or larger shed.

Bottom line if you own the tractor you have all the cards in your hand, it is your decision. I've always said, if I am happy with what I pay for something or sell an item as long as I am happy, that is all that matters.

Good luck in whatever decision you make, you control the game.

/ 1974 4 wheel drive 24 hp 244 hours always kept in garage.
Thanks for the reply,am going to go get it and bring to Texas,polish it up and use it.May get it stuck.I appreciate your honesty,I remember going to Dover Tn with my dad and nephew to pick it up,amazing the price it was!Thanks again.

/ 1974 4 wheel drive 24 hp 244 hours always kept in garage.
Thanks for your input,much appreciated!

/ 1974 4 wheel drive 24 hp 244 hours always kept in garage. #37  
I think it's a money pit if you intend to use it. Every other time you use it, you'll work on it. Would be a risk to givr $3000 for it.

With that said, it's your Dad's. Don't sell it.

/ 1974 4 wheel drive 24 hp 244 hours always kept in garage. #38  
Those old Japanese tractors are often as reliable as they get. I paid $2,500 for a 1977 Ford, with 3,100 hours on the clock. Now has 3,700 hours on it and I seldom had to do anything to it other than normal service, it will work all day long. The Kubota in question I would think would be worth $5,000 tops.

/ 1974 4 wheel drive 24 hp 244 hours always kept in garage. #39  
When I gave the price based on what people are asking for them up here, I overlooked the lack of the loader. I was also unaware that it doesn't have a roll bar.
Still, if he lets it go for the numbers some of you are throwing around I would consider buying it and having it shipped to Maine.

/ 1974 4 wheel drive 24 hp 244 hours always kept in garage. #40  
View attachment 601807View attachment 601808View attachment 601809View attachment 6018101978 Kubota 4 wheel drive,one owner,garage kept,24hp.Sorry for the pics delay couldn稚 find mine,should answer most questions,cardboard box and socket set not included,sister took quick pic for me today!

I am a little late, but this is one good looking tractor. What a time capsule.. wow.

Around $4750 would be a good start IMO. I would certainly pay that, but my only concern would be parts availability. I have enough issues getting parts for my 80's vintage G's.