Oil & Fuel 1538 filter part numbers.

/ 1538 filter part numbers. #1  

dickfoster

Elite Member
Tractor
Mahindra 1538TLB
Since I'm doing my 50 hour I needed filters and of course neither the owners manual or service manual had the part numbers for the filters so I had to drive to Yuba City to buy them. I thought I'd share the part numbers here. I have a 1538 gear or shuttle so the hydraulic filter may be different for the HST tractors, I don't know.

The hydraulic filter is really a Mitsubishi made filter the part number is 19642509000. I stopped by my local NAPA store and the NAPA equivalent is 7118. I paid $38.14 at the Mahindra dealer, I think this is cheaper than what NAPA wants for theirs.
The fuel filter elements of which there are two is part number 001081778R93. The NAPA equivalent part number is 3993. I paid $11.43 each and they look like they are worth maybe 50 cents if that. The Mahindra filter is very poorly and shoddily made of cheap materials. I'll be replacing that with an equivalent from NAPA next time for sure.
The engine oil filter is 006000789B91. I couldn't come up with an equivalent for that because of the oddball thread pitch used. I paid $14.71 for it so no biggie. Outside of the odd ball thread pitch, it's a nothing special filter with no anti drain back valve etc.

My guess would be that the 1538 and 1533s use the same filters as they have the same engine.

BTW when I first called the NAPA store, their computer didn't recognize any Mahindra 1500 series models so without these numbers they won't be able to help you.

/ 1538 filter part numbers. #2  
I wanted to revive this thread to see if anyone had any additional info. It looks like a later post shows the tractor uses two different fuel filters. This is what I have found for my 1538 HST so far-

Mahindra Filters

Oil- 006000789B91 , Wix 51324

Fuel 1 - 001081778R93 , Napa 3993 , Wix 33393
Fuel 2 - E006018618D1 , Bosch F 002 H22 025

Hyd 1 - 19642509000 , Napa 7118 , Wix 57118
Hyd/HST 2 - 19682581000

Air Outer - 10560411400
Air Inner - 19480413500

The first part numbers are factory numbers. From the pictures I've seen online it appears the hydraulic filters are Mitsubishi filters. And as stated the "main" fuel filter is a Bosch.

/ 1538 filter part numbers. #3  
I would advise running OEM filters at least while the tractor is within the warranty period. After that, it is up to you which filters to run. But for warranty purposes, OEM is always best.

/ 1538 filter part numbers.
I would advise running OEM filters at least while the tractor is within the warranty period. After that, it is up to you which filters to run. But for warranty purposes, OEM is always best.

Just so you know Mahindra doesn't make filters, nor does Toyota or any other tractor or car maker that I know of. While they may have their label on them it's just paint or ink. Many of the filters on my tractor were made by Bosch while some others are of Asian origin I think like the cheap paper 1st fuel filter element for example although I think the filter housing is likely a Bosch part too.

/ 1538 filter part numbers. #5  
It should also be noted Mahindra has no provisions requiring OEM filters for warranty purposes.

/ 1538 filter part numbers. #6  
Just so you know Mahindra doesn't make filters, nor does Toyota or any other tractor or car maker that I know of. While they may have their label on them it's just paint or ink. Many of the filters on my tractor were made by Bosch while some others are of Asian origin I think like the cheap paper 1st fuel filter element for example although I think the filter housing is likely a Bosch part too.

You are 100% correct. The fact remains that if Mahindra (or Deere, Kubota, etc.) calls for a certain filter, it would be wise to use that filter while the machine is under the manufacturer's warranty. Say a hydro unit fails because of dirt ingestion or contamination, and the tractor has always been serviced with Mahindra oil and filter. That works to your advantage because the manufacturer can't say "you used an aftermarket filter with a different micron rating which could have allowed contamination, and therefore this is not covered or is only partially covered."

The way I see it, if Mahindra is going to authorize and pay for a warranty, it pays to use the parts they recommend. At least while the tractor is under warranty.

/ 1538 filter part numbers. #7  
I found that the OEM filters are so close in price to the off the shelf brands, it's not worth worrying about the xref numbers for them.

/ 1538 filter part numbers. #8  
I understand that OEM is an option. I was hoping to provide a resource for folks. You never know what could happen- particularly Murphy's Law some evening or weekend! A good reason to have extras with the tractor for sure.

As a side note my dealer thinks, though not 100%, that the air filters are common Donaldson parts. If I get that cross reference I'll post it here.

He also stated that he has never found a HST filter that was aftermarket. Because they are special high pressure filters unique the each model he only uses OEM for that filter. He had zero issue with quality aftermarket for the rest.

/ 1538 filter part numbers.
I understand that OEM is an option. I was hoping to provide a resource for folks. You never know what could happen- particularly Murphy's Law some evening or weekend! A good reason to have extras with the tractor for sure.

As a side note my dealer thinks, though not 100%, that the air filters are common Donaldson parts. If I get that cross reference I'll post it here.

He also stated that he has never found a HST filter that was aftermarket. Because they are special high pressure filters unique the each model he only uses OEM for that filter. He had zero issue with quality aftermarket for the rest.

I don't know about your hydraulics but on my gear tractor the hydraulic filter is low pressure as it's in the pump return line. The most pressure you could possibly ever get in a return line is one atmosphere or about 15 PSI tops. Even that would take some doing and it would be vacuum or crushing not pressure outwards.

/ 1538 filter part numbers. #10  
RNeumann;4620385As a side note my dealer thinks said:
Quite possible, Donaldson is an OEM for many OPE engines.