1025R Air Cleaner

/ 1025R Air Cleaner #1  

John0829

Platinum Member
Tractor
Ford 850 John Deere 1025R
It has come to my attention that John Deere had a repair/update for the air cleaner mounting on the 1025R. Seems the air cleaner mount was breaking the valve cover allowing dirt and debris to get into the engine. This has apparently been know for sometime and John Deere was replacing the mounts until the end of May of this year. If I had not stumbled over this I never would have know, seems to me that when something like this is discovered the owners of the machine should be notified be JD and not left to chance that they might learn of it. Also I do not think there should be an expiration date on repairs of this nature, the machine has either been repaired or it has not and they SHOULD be responsible for making it right.

I'll get off my soap box now.

/ 1025R Air Cleaner #2  
You can buy the parts to fix it, I don’t think they are crazy expensive. I agree though, doesn’t seem fair they ended the free upgrade. Have you checked with a JD dealer to verify this is the case.

/ 1025R Air Cleaner #3  
It has come to my attention that John Deere had a repair/update for the air cleaner mounting on the 1025R. Seems the air cleaner mount was breaking the valve cover allowing dirt and debris to get into the engine. This has apparently been know for sometime and John Deere was replacing the mounts until the end of May of this year. If I had not stumbled over this I never would have know, seems to me that when something like this is discovered the owners of the machine should be notified be JD and not left to chance that they might learn of it. Also I do not think there should be an expiration date on repairs of this nature, the machine has either been repaired or it has not and they SHOULD be responsible for making it right.

I'll get off my soap box now.

Agreed!! They should have sent out letters to the owners of that model!!

/ 1025R Air Cleaner
I have already ordered the parts ($230) to make the repairs myself, it just irks me that JD thinks so little of their customer base to treat us that way. I know I will remember this when I look for another tractor, will it stop me from getting another JD? Probably not but it might.

/ 1025R Air Cleaner #5  
On another forum I have read several cases where people had this very thing lead to engine failure. I’ve seen the pics, the valve cover breaks and ingests the broken pieces and ruins the engine. My 2025r has a similar setup but has the newer air cleaner setup. You can still see the bare bolts where the old setup went.

/ 1025R Air Cleaner #6  
On another forum I have read several cases where people had this very thing lead to engine failure. I’ve seen the pics, the valve cover breaks and ingests the broken pieces and ruins the engine. My 2025r has a similar setup but has the newer air cleaner setup. You can still see the bare bolts where the old setup went.
Yes, mine (2025R) is broke, but didn't break at the valve cover.
They declined to help pay, well I guess they did since they never did call me back.

/ 1025R Air Cleaner
I finally got a call back from my dealer, he said they only were doing the recall AFTER the valve cover had broke and they where then putting in a new engine. Makes no sense to me, refuse to replace an air cleaner system that cost them probably less than $100 but replace the engine when it breaks the valve cover. Does not matter much either way since what what I can find out they will no longer make the repairs on their dime after May 31, 2022.

The dealer also said I had about a year and a half left on my warranty and to keep an eye on it. So I guess they are only going to make repairs now if the tractor is still under warranty otherwise it is on the owners back/wallet.

/ 1025R Air Cleaner #8  
Did you ever take the tractor to the dealer for maintenance? I saw posts from 2017 that said the dealer was updating the air filter during routine maintenance. :unsure:

/ 1025R Air Cleaner #9  
Did you ever take the tractor to the dealer for maintenance? I saw posts from 2017 that said the dealer was updating the air filter during routine maintenance. :unsure:
I had mine back once for parking brake issue.
I am thinking 2020?? Mine is a 2019 machine.
But I have moved from where I purchased

/ 1025R Air Cleaner

Never took mine back, cannot see loading it up for making two 100 mile round trips (once to take it and then to pick it up) for maintenance I can EASILY and should be doing myself and it has never had anything that required warranty or repair from the dealer.

From what I have read on line about this "recall" every dealer seems to have handled it differently. Some moving ahead and replacing the air cleaner, others waiting for failure and some completely ignoring it unless it is an under warranty failure (like mine). No consistency which again is a failure on JD's part IMHO.