Buying Advice 1025R, 2032R, maybe a 3039R. Input please.

/ 1025R, 2032R, maybe a 3039R. Input please. #11  
Have you considered a 3033R? I bought the cab version in 2016 and it's done everything I've needed. Granted mostly I mow or move snow. But this year we had a derecho, it was basically a CAT 3 inland hurricane. It did lots of tree damage. I ultimately bought a set of forks to help with the clean up. Granted it doesn't have the HP the 3039 has, but like I said, it has done everything I've needed and it was cheaper than the 3039R.

/ 1025R, 2032R, maybe a 3039R. Input please.
I did give the 2025R some thought, however I figured I'd be better off sticking with the 1025R or going up to the 2032R if I opt for the open station. I also am giving the 3033R a lot of consideration in the cab category. The post above gives me an idea how impressive it is, as I saw several videos of the damage caused by the derecho last year. In other words, the typical budget versus creature feature conundrum.

Thanks again.

/ 1025R, 2032R, maybe a 3039R. Input please. #13  
It comes down to priorities... Give each machine 1025R, 2032R, 3033R and 3039R a score of 1 (worst) to 4 (best) for the following...
- Cab importance
- Useful on the yard or no
- Heavy for dirt work
- Bushhogging around trees/low overhead situations
- Weight for driveway and other pulling work
- Price of tractor
- Price of attachments (4', 5', 6'?)
- I talked to my dealer and his opinion is...
- I drove them all and I love this one and just gotta have it! (Note: this item can have a score from 1 to infinity)

There's your answer!

/ 1025R, 2032R, maybe a 3039R. Input please. #14  
The lack of ground clearance and machine weight is what crossed the subcompacts off my list. So the 1025R would be a no-go for me.

So that takes you to the 2-series and if you get a 2032R or 2038R it's basically a 3-series frame size but with the 3E loader, front axle, and 3-point specs which are very light duty. So to me that crossed the 2-series off the list also.

So then you go to the 3-series, but the D and E models, again, have almost zero features and very weak specs/capabilities. So you almost have to go R. And a 3033R or 3039R are very pricey machines.

I just went through all of this myself a few weeks ago and I've been to two JD dealers and I brought home all the brochures. It's almost like JD has purposefully designed their lineup so that if you start shopping at the bottom you'll end up at the top before you're done.

/ 1025R, 2032R, maybe a 3039R. Input please. #15  
@Blue... To clarify, the 2032R and 2038R come with the 220R loader that has quite respectable capacity. And 3 points that are also full Cat 1 and quite enough for Cat 1 (and 5' Cat 2) attachments.

You may be thinking of the 300E loader on the lower grade "E" Deere machines. That 300E loader is what actually places the Deere 30XXE series of machines practical uses on the FEL BELOW the 2032R and 2038R in terms of loader capability even if the frame sizes on 30XXE seem larger. Agreed, Deere plays the "extract value for capability" game well here. And a 2038R can do quite a lot of real work, though not a great machine for farming dirt work where weight is your friend.

3033R, 3039R and 3046R are all a big step up over 2032R/2038R in a common 320R loader capability and weight for 3 point dirt work and quite enough for "real farming". But Hayseed Andy needs to decide if the cab options on these is worth the extra green literally and figuratively! Where'd he go BTW?

/ 1025R, 2032R, maybe a 3039R. Input please.
@Blue... To clarify, the 2032R and 2038R come with the 220R loader that has quite respectable capacity. And 3 points that are also full Cat 1 and quite enough for Cat 1 (and 5' Cat 2) attachments.

You may be thinking of the 300E loader on the lower grade "E" Deere machines. That 300E loader is what actually places the Deere 30XXE series of machines practical uses on the FEL BELOW the 2032R and 2038R in terms of loader capability even if the frame sizes on 30XXE seem larger. Agreed, Deere plays the "extract value for capability" game well here. And a 2038R can do quite a lot of real work, though not a great machine for farming dirt work where weight is your friend.

3033R, 3039R and 3046R are all a big step up over 2032R/2038R in a common 320R loader capability and weight for 3 point dirt work and quite enough for "real farming". But Hayseed Andy needs to decide if the cab options on these is worth the extra green literally and figuratively! Where'd he go BTW?

I'm still here. Still banging my head against the wall trying to make a decision I won't regret. I am sure the guy at the Deere dealer would like to strangle me, although he claims otherwise. It isn't ridiculously hot and humid yet here in Florida. So, right now the cab might seem less important to me. I probably wouldn't be singing the same tune come June. In a nutshell, I do believe the 1025R would do everything I need it to do. Just not as fast and with less comfort, but with a way better price tag. I think the 3039R would be overkill at first, however if I find other uses for it such as a side hustle (nothing extreme), I would be able to handle it without upgrading. Plus the creature features.

/ 1025R, 2032R, maybe a 3039R. Input please. #17  
After having owned a small compact, a Kubota BX, I would skip the 1 series JD and at least go 2025r. Bigger tires and chassis, better ground speed and my understanding is 2k or a little less in price increase. If you anticipate a lot of loader work I would for sure say 2032r if the budget allows.

/ 1025R, 2032R, maybe a 3039R. Input please. #18  
I'm still here. Still banging my head against the wall trying to make a decision I won't regret. I am sure the guy at the Deere dealer would like to strangle me, although he claims otherwise. It isn't ridiculously hot and humid yet here in Florida. So, right now the cab might seem less important to me. I probably wouldn't be singing the same tune come June. In a nutshell, I do believe the 1025R would do everything I need it to do. Just not as fast and with less comfort, but with a way better price tag. I think the 3039R would be overkill at first, however if I find other uses for it such as a side hustle (nothing extreme), I would be able to handle it without upgrading. Plus the creature features.

Agree with dodge about the 2025R at minimum... I love my 2025R, and also thought I'd want a bigger machine, but it's easy to live with, does a lot of real work and fits everywhere I need to work through gates, etc.... Your comment about being OK with 1025R though points back to a 25hp machine and narrows down to a few quite nice cab equipped choices a lot less than the 3039R so you're happy long term... Go look at GP Outdoors on youtube... That LX2610 with cab and factory A/C sure seems a good way to go for an initial machine with options for future needs. Or go LX3310 to have some PTO breathing room for future needs... just expect to put in several $1000s more, but still less than 3039R. Really hard to part with yet another $5000 to $10,000 for a 3039R over an LX2610 cab for the marginal utility, further $ for larger PTO and 3pt attachments, paying for DPF/regen nuisance, etc. Just know you may have a wait for that LX to show up at your dealer. Or go check the Kioti CK2610 SE with cab (again if you can find one on a lot) for a heavier and bit wider/more stable machine (with R14 tires hopefully) with same hp but a bit more loader capacity and rear remotes standard (but a bit less resale value and a bit less dealer network in some regions). If you want a machine for this summer, better decide soon as all the pent up shoppers will come out the first warm spring day in droves.

/ 1025R, 2032R, maybe a 3039R. Input please. #19  
If you can live without A/C in a factory cab, then 2032R. It's going to handle the peak jobs you may have long term, but it's still light/small enough to go where you need more than the Z-turn for mowing. And FWIW, I have a 2025R Gen 2 and it's a great machine for driveway work and the 120R loader lifts household loads of firewood, etc. nicely and moves all the farm waste, handles digging nicely (added a Heavyhitch toothbar which is awesome for adding utility to the loader). But it's too light for real farm groundwork (unless there's a lot of ballast on the tires / 3 point and even then it won't make ditches without multiple shallow passes). '

None of this addresses the cab factor of course... To get A/C for Florida temps, you're looking at 3039R to get factory A/C on a larger frame machine so no going on the lawn with it unless ground is dry. If the cab is essential,

then I'd suggest you look at Kioti's line as they are embracing the small frame cab market more aggressively than Deere and you'd get a good idea how this compares to green.
That's interesting. I have taken notice of how the manufacturers with less market share will try to compete against the market leaders by targeting sectors of the market the big guys don't want to touch. HarleyBob on this thread here:https://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/attachments/376851-new-land-pride-fm25-series-4.html was talking about the same thing.

If you have a good dealer close for the long haul service, etc., Kioti makes a good machine and the SE trim line includes a lot of functionality with rear hydraulics, great FEL capacity and comfort features for the operator. I drove Kubota, Deere, Massey, Kioti and the CK3510 SE version with cab is a sweet machine. They now have a smaller 25hp version with AC (CK2510 SE that TTWT did a series on).

Kioti durability and global parts supply chain aren't on par with Deere IMHO though, but how long will you REALLY keep a machine is the key question.
I have heard the same thing from other people about Kioti.

/ 1025R, 2032R, maybe a 3039R. Input please. #20  
I wanted the previous series to the 3R back in 2013 when I bought, but I would have had to finance. So I went smaller with the cash I had at the time.
Why? Did they not offer the zero percent financing at that time?