You Know You Are Old When

/ You Know You Are Old When #2,291  
Might have posted it before but:
On the subject of reminiscing of early jobs:
About my freshman year of high school I scored a job as a stable boy at "Brown Ledge Girls Camp" at Malletts Bay of Lake Champlain in Northern Vermont.
Talk about GREAT FOOD. Got more steak and lobster than I could dream of, plus the girls.
And it paid well.
There were 3 other stable boys, and we were essentially the only young males at the camp.
Good times.

/ You Know You Are Old When
#2,294  
My in laws were married 67 years.

That is the longest marriage of anyone I knew personally.

Anyone on TBN exceed 67 years of marriage?

/ You Know You Are Old When #2,295  
My great-grandparents were married 1914, and my great-grandfather passed in 1984, so... 70 years. I only remember the last 10 of that. :D

/ You Know You Are Old When
#2,296  
My great-grandparents were married 1914, and my great-grandfather passed in 1984, so... 70 years. I only remember the last 10 of that. :D

That’s amazing.

I’ll be well over 100 to get to my 70 year anniversary!!

/ You Know You Are Old When #2,297  
That’s amazing.

I’ll be well over 100 to get to my 70 year anniversary!!
Same. We tend to get a later start in life, these days.

When I look back at the family tree, most branches of mine are traced back into the early 1500's, it's amusing to see the spacing between generations in years prior to WW2 versus everything after. Couples getting married by 20 and first kids in early 20's were common, at least in my family's past, meaning you could realistically see 5 or even 6 generations gathered at the same time.

Now, with so many not having kids until their mid-30's, it's a notable event any time a family can put more than 3 generations in the same photo.