loader float

/ loader float #1  

fred saas

Bronze Member
Tractor
new holland ford 445C
eKretz, please let me know how to set the float on my NH 445C loader. I can't get the bucket out of the mud. Would it damage anything if I just forced it with my 20-ton bottle jack? Should the control linkage be in a certain location? Fred

/ loader float #3  
Most spool valves for front end loader boom control were designed to push control valve spool fully forward to engage float position. I would think with tractor engine operating one could use tractors hyd system to raise bucket out of the mud.

/ loader float #4  
Push the loader all the way forward as to lift the front of the tractor, then push the lever forward a bit more, you should feel the lever go into a detent that is the float position

/ loader float #5  
The 445c Does have the bucket float function when the lever is pushed past the down position. Access float in any bucket position with a quick jab of the lever forward to drop the bucket.

/ loader float #6  
Fred, on my 555D, it's just as the usual and as these guys have described. Push the lever fully forward until it hits the detent and stays there. Pull it back to get back out. If the lever won't go forward into float position, don't force it or you may bend or break the linkage. You may need to take the valve apart and do some cleaning.

BTW, are you saying it won't go *into* float? Or that it won't come back out? By your description of bucket stuck in the mud, I'm thinking the latter.

/ loader float
My problem may be severe. The loader doesn't work at all. The transmission bumps into fwd or reverse but the clutch won't engage the wheels. I didn't do it! A mechanic helped. At my age it wouldn't be worth a confrontation.
Do you know if I can adjust the clutch? I have the electronic clutch pedal.

/ loader float #8  
My problem may be severe. The loader doesn't work at all. The transmission bumps into fwd or reverse but the clutch won't engage the wheels. I didn't do it! A mechanic helped. At my age it wouldn't be worth a confrontation.
Do you know if I can adjust the clutch? I have the electronic clutch pedal.

Sounds like you may have a hydraulic pressure issue. What did the mechanic do? The electric clutch disengagement is only going to be on or off like a light switch. It just cuts off or turns on the voltage to the solenoid that activates the hydraulic clutch in the transmission. If the loader is completely not working, it sounds like it's unrelated to the clutch, and something to do with lack of correct hydraulic pressure.

@TractorTech

Last edited:
   / loader float #9  
Fred, I answered you Friday on another post about loader float from you:

"Hi Fred, you should be able to push the joystick forward as if to lower the loader, beyond the lowering position into a detent. If you loader is up, push it forward and it will float down.
If it doesn't, you either have broken parts or rust in the lift spool cap."

The "clutch" is just a pedal that activates a switch or microswitch. When you push on the clutch, it interrupts power to the controller basically shutting it off. You wouldn't have a "bump" forward or reverse. It just won't move.

Not sure what is going on other than the transmission is low on oil or the torque converter flex plate may have broken, but only guessing with the information you provided.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240405_203222_Chrome (1).jpg
    Screenshot_20240405_203222_Chrome (1).jpg
    194.2 KB · Views: 62
  • Screenshot_20240405_203222_Chrome (1).jpg
    Screenshot_20240405_203222_Chrome (1).jpg
    194.2 KB · Views: 56
   / loader float
Ted, I so glad I'm finally getting back to you! foolishly I allowed an experienced (???) tractor guy try to get the 445C out of the mud. (I'm 90, can't walk and went back to house) Found loader into the clay mud. engine turn over but struggled to start. loader no response. I jacked up loader and engine improved. The higher the better the engine. I put it in forward slight clunk revved it up and wheels didn't react. might be clutch. Is there an adjustment I can try? I live on the 1st floor, so jumping out of the window won't help!