What did you do for your tractor today?

/ What did you do for your tractor today? #121  
I added front and rear light bars over the weekend. Also put in an accessory bus/block for future projects... Took far longer than it should have but I am happy with the results!

20240127_121117.jpg

20240129_153232.jpg

20240129_180702.jpg

/ What did you do for your tractor today? #122  
   / What did you do for your tractor today? #123  
This winter my tractor has lived outside under my lean to, and the original battery (13 y/o) froze during a really cold spell. I added an exterior outlet under the lean to for an LED light and a battery tender to keep the new battery fresh.

Attachments

• thumbnail.jpeg
    thumbnail.jpeg
    355.5 KB · Views: 40
   / What did you do for your tractor today?
Ordered 3 filters and oil for my 773 Bob Cat SS. Spring is around the corner...and with that will come weed abatement especially after a very wet winter.

Attachments

• IMG_2933.JPG
    IMG_2933.JPG
    304.7 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_3376.JPG
    IMG_3376.JPG
    292.9 KB · Views: 33
   / What did you do for your tractor today? #125  
Nice job ! What type of light bars did you use. I want to do the same thing but don't know how many watts I need. I would be using them for snow plowing.

gg
Essentially the two bars draw the approx. 170 watts (a little less than three 60 watt incandescent bulbs.)

I bought a 14 incher from Harbor Freight (not listed on their website for some reason). That one I pointed forward as I figured I had headlights and this would just be augmenting what I already had. I had to buy the wiring harness separately. Both the light and the harness seem really well made. Bar and harness was 112.
14 inch forward facing light bar. Harbor freight light and harness.
Lumen: 3000
Wattage: 47

I was going to buy a 22 incher at Harbor Freight but they were out of stock. So I found one with comparable lumen output one on Amazon that was well reviewed and picked it up. it was considerably cheaper and came with a pair of pod lights and a harness. Will probably install the pods somewhere else-like the boat. The lights seem solid and the harness was fine, but I liked the Harbor freight one better. Will see how they last. Cost was $56
22 inch rear facing light bar.
Amazon. Nilight - model ZH005 22Inch 120W Spot Flood Combo Led Light Bar with harness .
8400 lumen
120 Watts

The Accessory block was 28 bucks on Amazon

All in it ran me a little over 200. probably 220 as I ran the wires thru that plastic flexible conduit stuff.

Last edited:
   / What did you do for your tractor today? #126  
Essentially the two bars draw the approx. 170 watts (a little less than three 60 watt incandescent bulbs.)

I bought a 14 incher from Harbor Freight (not listed on their website for some reason). That one I pointed forward as I figured I had headlights and this would just be augmenting what I already had. I had to buy the wiring harness separately. Both the light and the harness seem really well made. Bar and harness was 112.
14 inch forward facing light bar. Harbor freight light and harness.
Lumen: 3000
Wattage: 47

I was going to buy a 22 incher at Harbor Freight but they were out of stock. So I found one with comparable lumen output one on Amazon that was well reviewed and picked it up. it was considerably cheaper and came with a pair of pod lights and a harness. Will probably install the pods somewhere else-like the boat. The lights seem solid and the harness was fine, but I liked the Harbor freight one better. Will see how they last. Cost was $56
22 inch rear facing light bar.
Amazon. Nilight - model ZH005 22Inch 120W Spot Flood Combo Led Light Bar with harness .
8400 lumen
120 Watts

The Accessory block was 28 bucks on Amazon

All in it ran me a little over 200. probably 220 as I ran the wires thru that plastic flexible conduit stuff.

Thank you for the detailed reply - very helpful.

gg

/ What did you do for your tractor today? #128  
Ordered some armrests for my seat.

/ What did you do for your tractor today? #129  
I added front and rear light bars over the weekend. Also put in an accessory bus/block for future projects... Took far longer than it should have but I am happy with the results!

View attachment 849648
View attachment 849649
View attachment 849650
I put a 20" light bar on my ROPS and while it lights up a huge area, it also lights up the back of my glasses making it hard to see! The coming roof project and mounting the light forward will cure the problem.

/ What did you do for your tractor today? #130  
Well, it hasn't been started since August of 2023... Seven months. No battery tender either.
So I gave her a crank and it lit off after half a spin. Got it up to temp and ran it around the property just to get the ol juices flowing. I wanted to be sure when the field dries, it is ready to go.
IMG_20240229_164557.jpg
IMG_20240229_164546.jpg