What did you do for your tractor today?

/ What did you do for your tractor today? #111  
Nice work Doug, and very safe looking. I decided on one mod for my open channel locks. I bought a couple of square lock pins. I will add a couple of tabs with holes for the pins so mine can 'fall' off.
Good call scootr. Safety is a good thing, even better when it's east to do.

Doug

/ What did you do for your tractor today? #112  
Applaud you gentlemen for making and using your loader cylinder chock blocks. They should come that way.

Having the cylinder rods up makes it easier.
IMG_1147.jpeg

M59 OEM loader lock gets used frequently. Stores onboard. One simple pin to lock.

/ What did you do for your tractor today? #113  
Applaud you gentlemen for making and using your loader cylinder chock blocks. They should come that way.

Having the cylinder rods up makes it easier.
View attachment 840457
M59 OEM loader lock gets used frequently. Stores onboard. One simple pin to lock.
Wouldn’t that be a good idea? Apparently it takes a few people being killed to think of a good idea. I personally know of two people that were killed by dump truck boxes. I don’t know if a safety was available, but my guess is…not.

Doug

/ What did you do for your tractor today? #114  
Wouldn’t that be a good idea? Apparently it takes a few people being killed to think of a good idea. I personally know of two people that were killed by dump truck boxes. I don’t know if a safety was available, but my guess is…not.

Doug
We put large wood blocks across the frame rails when the bodies are up....

/ What did you do for your tractor today? #115  
We put large wood blocks across the frame rails when the bodies are up....

That's one way to do it. Plan to live, not hope to live. It's impossible to undo instant death.

Doug

/ What did you do for your tractor today?
I improved the cylinder safety locks by adding a pin that prevents them from coming off inadvertently.
Not sure they ever would but I saw this on the ones available online and thought it a good idea.
I bought some clevis pins and cut a couple of chain links in half and tacked them on.

Attachments

• IMG_3625.JPG
    IMG_3625.JPG
    196 KB · Views: 58
   / What did you do for your tractor today? #117  
I improved the cylinder safety locks by adding a pin that prevents them from coming off inadvertently.
Not sure they ever would but I saw this on the ones available online and thought it a good idea.
I bought some clevis pins and cut a couple of chain links in half and tacked them on.
Nice improvement. Easy AND effective!

/ What did you do for your tractor today? #118  

I like that chain link idea. Simple, quick. and neat. Something I will keep in mind.

gg

/ What did you do for your tractor today? #119  
I brought the snowblower down from the barn yesterday in preparation for the storm.
Installed the 2 ring chains on the Ford 1720 turf tires & mounted the blower, just need to check the snowblower gearbox oil & im ready to wage war on the first major storm.
This will be the first hot supper my tractors gotten since last winter.
Looking forward to hearing the turbo spool up & throwing snow in the neighbors driveway!!
90cummins

/ What did you do for your tractor today? #120  
All I did today was buy a few rocker switches and some wire to add a few works lights to the ROPS in the near future.