My Magnatrac

/ My Magnatrac #11  
John.
Now that looks like a handy good all purpose unit.
Is there a website and about how much did she cost.
You folks had a warm weekend down there I heard..about 70. /w3tcompact/icons/crazy.gif

Thomas..NH /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ My Magnatrac #12  
John, that Magnatrac has a massive ROPs. That must give you a "warm fuzzy" to know that it's protecting you. What is in the box on the left hand side (the one covered in perforated metal)? I know you will get a lot of use out of it on many jobs. It's not really made for pulling a rotary cutter, but it will sure help you clear an area where you can use a rotary cutter. I have lots of rock like the ones you are pushing around, but they are on the sides and bottoms of erosion gullies. I'm going to use a winch to move them, but once I get them on flat ground, I'll be envious of your dozer blade. Thanks for the photos.

35-83637-JimIBoomer.jpg

JimI

/ My Magnatrac
Hey Paul in CT!

I live east of CT river in a town called East Hampton, CT. That Kubota B2910 is sure a nice machine. What kind of goodies you getting with it?

/ My Magnatrac
Thomas

Posted the info on the website in another reply. Check it out if you can. Man, I couldn't believe the weather this past Saturday. 70 degF and outside working in a tee shirt on Dec 1st! /w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif Pretty unusual even for southern New England. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

John in CT

/ My Magnatrac
Jim I

Yeah the ROPS is a pretty hefty piece of tube steel. I do like knowing its there. One bad thing is that it is not a standard item on the tractor. You have to order it as an option. I couldn't see being without one, though Struck Co. told me that some customers don't want it. /w3tcompact/icons/crazy.gif

The box on the left side covered by the perforated metal is the hydraulic oil cooler. It is basically an auto radiator type of unit with an electric fan that is controlled manually with a switch on the dash. It cools all the oil for the track drive and attachments.

John in CT

/ My Magnatrac #16  
John I`m getting loader and backhoe with the 2910. Should be able to do some damage with those 2 attachments to start /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

/ My Magnatrac
A little correction to the cost info I gave earlier...

The $28500 invoice I paid included prepayment of the shipping from Wisconsin to my back door which a week later Struck sent me a check for about $450 for overpayment. So, actual total cost was about $28050 including shipping which ended up costing me $1250. The cost of just the machine then, was about $26800. You can save a few bucks if you can pick it up at the factory or at the local freight terminal. Since I don't have a trailer (yet) I had to spend a couple hundred more to get it shipped to my house.

John in CT

/ My Magnatrac
<font color=blue> I`m getting loader and backhoe with the 2910. Should be able to do some damage with those 2 attachments... </font color=blue>

Oh yeah you'll be diggin up a storm /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

John in CT

/ My Magnatrac #19  
John,

A friend of mine has a Magnatrac, and he loves it. Quite a versatile tool. He also has a Kubota B7100 that he uses for lite-duty jobs.

Although he is very happy with his Magantrac, he says you need to keep on top of it with checking nuts & bolts. He says there are several of the fasteners that keep getting loose, so he needs to check them regularly.

The GlueGuy

/ My Magnatrac
Glueguy

Can you get me in touch with your friend that has the Magnatrac? I'd like to tap his experience with it.

My email is pamandjuice@earthlink.net

John in CT