How Many Have More Than One Tractor?

/ How Many Have More Than One Tractor? #1  

rockinbbar

Gold Member
Tractor
New Holland Powerstar 120, Powerstar 75, New Holland c245
From what I see, the majority of tractor owners here and everywhere else have only one tractor.

I mean more than one that runs, you maintain, and use regularly... (Don't count the old broke down one behind the barn with 2 flats. :LOL: )

Surprisingly, after replacing my 2 previous tractors with newer, more improved ones, I find I have have about the same hours on both new ones.

I'd hate to have to choose between them, if I had to pick only one. I really have a use for both.

How many of you are multiple machine owners? Could you get by with just one? Which one would you pick if you had to?

/ How Many Have More Than One Tractor? #2  
I have a BX2200 that I put over 4500 hours on and finally added a bigger LS XG3135H a couple of years ago, now has ~600 hours. I managed with BX for 20+ years but is is sure nice to have the bigger machine. I can't see doing without either. That tough little bugger BX is just too handy for a lot of things.....

/ How Many Have More Than One Tractor? #3  
Does an industrial backhoe/loader (JCB) count?

How about my JD 430 (diesel) garden tractor that I use as a mower?

If not, then I only have one. International 1066 with a 15' flexwing to cut a couple fields.
(all three get used but I probably use the backhoe the most)

/ How Many Have More Than One Tractor? #4  
Couldn’t possibly get by with one. Had 4, currently have 3, would like a 4th again.
The 4th would just have my CX-15 attached to it and be used only for mowing/snowplowing.
The other 3 for hay farming.
One is always hooked to the big square baler-wouldn’t want it any other way. Another hooked to hay mower. These attachments are not much fun to attach/detatch.

Also have (2) 72” zero turns.

A tracked skid loader/teleskid would be great, too.

Would have to hit it big with $$ to afford the 4th and the tele-skid

Last edited:
   / How Many Have More Than One Tractor? #5  
From what I see, the majority of tractor owners here and everywhere else have only one tractor.

I mean more than one that runs, you maintain, and use regularly... (Don't count the old broke down one behind the barn with 2 flats. :LOL: )

Surprisingly, after replacing my 2 previous tractors with newer, more improved ones, I find I have have about the same hours on both new ones.

I'd hate to have to choose between them, if I had to pick only one. I really have a use for both.

How many of you are multiple machine owners? Could you get by with just one? Which one would you pick if you had to?
I have a few, I kinda like tractors!

Attachments

• Phone71120 028.jpg
    Phone71120 028.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 291
   / How Many Have More Than One Tractor? #6  
I have a MX5200 Kubota and a 773 Bobcat Skid Steer. For me it's an ideal combo. Each has its advantages and they can share Bucket and fork attachments. The tractor gets a lot more hours but the SS needed for some mowing and clean up. Does a forklift count?
The 5k capacity CAT is an indispensable tool. These 3 cover whatever needs to be done around the ranch.

/ How Many Have More Than One Tractor? #7  
Used to have 3 at one point. Kubota B7000, Toselli 226 and Toselli 340.

YDXJ0542.jpg
HPIM4885.JPG

Then, I needed a bigger/higher HP one and sold everything to get a single tractor.

IMG_20230906_125216.jpg

And now, I kinda could use another tractor to keep at home, so I didn't have to haul a tractor between proprieties so often. 😅

Maybe someday, I'll find a good deal on one that I can restore and keep around. Just need it to till the orchards for the most part.

/ How Many Have More Than One Tractor? #8  
Used to have 3 at one point. Kubota B7000, Toselli 226 and Toselli 340.

View attachment 832346 View attachment 832347

Then, I needed a bigger/higher HP one and sold everything to get a single tractor.

View attachment 832348

And now, I kinda could use another tractor to keep at home, so I didn't have to haul a tractor between proprieties so often. 😅

Maybe someday, I'll find a good deal on one that I can restore and keep around. Just need it to till the orchards for the most part.
My buddy keeps a few smaller tractors. Each set up for specific tasks. One has a brush hog mower on it, one has a weed tank/sprayer setup, one is a Ford grading tractor with FEL and box scraper. That one is 50 hp size. But all lack 4wd and so he's on the lookout for another one.

/ How Many Have More Than One Tractor? #9  
I have 5 tractors, one skid steer, one mini excavator, and a Ditch Witch RT40 trencher
2 Kubota Grand L6060's one Kubota L5740, one Kubota M4700 that is mostly a spare, and one John Deere 3720

My business is building and maintaining athletic fields, so I use most of them regularly.