The best poultry seasoning

/ The best poultry seasoning #31  
Mac and cheese with onions?
Interesting.....
This is the recipe we make. Has onions. Sometimes instead of baking, we'll finish cooking in the smoker with apple wood/chips

Bacon Macaroni and Cheese with Extra Sharp White Cheddar

Ingredients

12 ounces elbow macaroni

8 ounces sharp white cheddar cheese, cut into small cubes

2 tablespoons, plus 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour

1 1/2 teaspoons dry mustard

1/4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly grounded

1/4 teaspoon nutmeg

1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper

2/3 cup low-fat sour cream

2 eggs, lightly beaten

1/2 cup heavy cream

1 1/2 cups milk

1/3 cup grated onion

1 teaspoon Worcestershire

10-12 strips thick maple smoked bacon, cooked and cut into 1/4-inch pieces

7 ounces extra-sharp white cheddar cheese, grated

Directions

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Using non-stick spray, coat the bottom and sides of a 9″x13″ baking dish. Bring a pot of salted water to boil. Add elbow macaroni and cook halfway through, about 3-4 minutes. Drain pasta and transfer to prepared baking pan. Stir in cubed cheddar cheese and set aside.

Combine flour, mustard, pepper, nutmeg and pepper in a large bowl. Add the sour cream and eggs and mix until smooth. Whisk in the cream, milk, onions and Worcestershire. Pour the egg mixture over the pasta mixture and add the bacon. Stir to evenly distribute the egg mixture and bacon. Sprinkle with the grated cheese evenly over top of pasta.

Bake until the pasta is set around the edges, and slightly golden, about 30 minutes (about 15 minutes for mini-cocottes). Let the pasta set for at least 10 minutes before serving (this will allow the cheese to thicken up).

/ The best poultry seasoning #34  
This is the recipe we make. Has onions. Sometimes instead of baking, we'll finish cooking in the smoker with apple wood/chips

Bacon Macaroni and Cheese with Extra Sharp White Cheddar

Ingredients

12 ounces elbow macaroni

8 ounces sharp white cheddar cheese, cut into small cubes

2 tablespoons, plus 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour

1 1/2 teaspoons dry mustard

1/4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly grounded

1/4 teaspoon nutmeg

1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper

2/3 cup low-fat sour cream

2 eggs, lightly beaten

1/2 cup heavy cream

1 1/2 cups milk

1/3 cup grated onion

1 teaspoon Worcestershire

10-12 strips thick maple smoked bacon, cooked and cut into 1/4-inch pieces

7 ounces extra-sharp white cheddar cheese, grated

Directions

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Using non-stick spray, coat the bottom and sides of a 9″x13″ baking dish. Bring a pot of salted water to boil. Add elbow macaroni and cook halfway through, about 3-4 minutes. Drain pasta and transfer to prepared baking pan. Stir in cubed cheddar cheese and set aside.

Combine flour, mustard, pepper, nutmeg and pepper in a large bowl. Add the sour cream and eggs and mix until smooth. Whisk in the cream, milk, onions and Worcestershire. Pour the egg mixture over the pasta mixture and add the bacon. Stir to evenly distribute the egg mixture and bacon. Sprinkle with the grated cheese evenly over top of pasta.

Bake until the pasta is set around the edges, and slightly golden, about 30 minutes (about 15 minutes for mini-cocottes). Let the pasta set for at least 10 minutes before serving (this will allow the cheese to thicken up).
Man that sounds good! :p

/ The best poultry seasoning #35  
I have been buying various blends of poultry seasoning since I started cooking over 50 years ago. I am the cook in our house and one of the things that my wife of 44 years really likes is white gravy. Also known as cream gravy or milk gravy, depending in where you live or come from. I like cream gravies too. Especially on chicken. Especially on roasted chicken from a couple nights ago, served on biscuits with gravy. I like to use poultry seasoning when making gravy for meals like what we are eating tonight, or when we are having biscuits and gravy with my home made sausage. And the best poultry seasoning blend I have found is the Spice Hunter brand organic poultry seasoning. They also sell a non-organic blend and I don't know if it is better or worse. I buy the stuff because I bought one jar and liked it so much that I only buy it now. I like it so much that all my family members have it in their spice drawers because I bought them jars of the stuff. Here is an Amazon link to the stuff: https://www.amazon.com/Spice-Hunter-Poultry-Seasoning-1-1-Ounce/dp/B0001M11TG/ref=sr_1_2?crid=M793GLK3X2GX&keywords=spice+hunter+organic+poultry+seasoning&qid=1694575200&rdc=1&sprefix=spice+hunter+organic+poultry+seasoning,aps,220&sr=8-2
I have no affiliation with Amazon or Spice Hunter, I just like this particular seasoning blend. I will not benefit in any way if anybody buys this spice blend apart from me being happy if someone buys it and finds it to be as good as I do.
Cheers,
Eric
P.S.
I would be happy to share my white gravy recipe with anybody and also my recipe for my home made breakfast sausage.
Share away please!

/ The best poultry seasoning #36  
Not sure how i missed this thread, but I' been looking for a good white gravy receipe for biscuts as well as a breakfast sausage recipe. I have several books on sausage, but haven't found one I like yet. So please do share.

For that matter, if anyone wants to share a recipe please do.

/ The best poultry seasoning
Regular Breakfast Sausage Recipe:
BREAKFAST SAUSAGE
AMOUNTS IN GRAMS FOR 1 POUND OF SAUSAGE
1 Pound Pork Shoulder
Salt 7.43
Garlic Powder .45
Parsley .23
Rubbed Sage 1.24
Black Peppercorns 1.04
Red Pepper Flakes .45
Coriander Seeds .59
Cayenne 1.26
MSG 1.375
Put the sage, peppercorns, and coriander seeds into a spice grinder and grind them together. Then mix all the spices together except use only 1/2 of the cayenne. This is because cayenne can be quite variable in how hot it is. Very fresh can be considerably hotter. Add the spice mixture to the meat, test cook a bit, and add more cayenne if desired. Of course more of the other spices can be added too.

Breakfast Sausage With Fennel Recipe:
BREAKFAST SAUSAGE WITH FENNEL
AMOUNTS IN GRAMS FOR 1 POUND OF SAUSAGE
1 Pound Pork Shoulder
Salt 7.43
Garlic Powder .45
Parsley .23
Rubbed Sage 1.24
Black Peppercorns 1.04
Red Pepper Flakes .45
Coriander Seeds .59
Cayenne 1.26
Fennel Seeds 1.72
MSG 1.375
Put the sage, peppercorns, and coriander seeds into a spice grinder and grind them together. Then mix all the spices together except use only 1/2 of the cayenne. This is because cayenne can be quite variable in how hot it is. Very fresh can be considerably hotter. Add the spice mixture to the meat, test cook a bit, and add more cayenne if desired. Of course more of the other spices can be added too.

I use a good i.e. accurate scale to weigh the spices. These days accurate scales are inexpensive and easy to find online. The spice grinder is just a coffee grinder. A mortar and pestle works too but is slower. Omit the MSG if you want. Some people seem to have a problem with MSG but I don't. It adds plenty of flavor. The stuff is pretty ubiquitous, it's in all sorts of stuff. It is available at every grocery store under the brand name ACCENT. Better groceries and Asian groceries sell it as AJI-NO-MOTO for much less.
Enjoy!
Eric

/ The best poultry seasoning
Not sure how i missed this thread, but I' been looking for a good white gravy receipe for biscuts as well as a breakfast sausage recipe. I have several books on sausage, but haven't found one I like yet. So please do share.

For that matter, if anyone wants to share a recipe please do.
White Gravy, AKA Cream Gravy Recipe:
3 Tbs fat. This can be butter, bacon fat, pan drippings, fat from cooking sausage, etc.
3 Tbs flour
1 1/2 cups milk or cream or a mixture
About 1/2 Tsp Spice Hunter Organic Poultry Seasoning
Salt
Pepper
Cook the flour in the fat until it is slightly browned. Then add the salt and pepper. Then whisk in the milk or cream and cook until it gets thick. For sausage gravy add however much sausage you want. Of course this simple recipe can be modified by using different spices or by using more liquid to make it thinner. Most important is to not use cornstarch instead of flour and to make sure the flower is browned. The browned flour adds a lot of flavor and also lets you know the flour is cooked completely. Raw flour tastes bad.
Eric