How did you meet your better half?

/ How did you meet your better half? #62  
I was in the pool hall with the guys. It was a former retail store with full display windows looking on to main street (VERY small town, VERY!).
I saw a gal walk out of the laundry mat across main-street. walking east. Brown hair down to her waist, small and slim.
I asked the guys to take a look, if anyone knew her. Nope! None did.
I made it a point to find out.
We have the 40th coming up this winter... ;-)
no regrets.

/ How did you meet your better half? #63  
Still looking…

Elders through friends, church and weddings…

Seems weddings in rural farming communities bring everyone together… at least they did back in the day when a lot of travel was on foot or carriage.

My grandfather said had Grandma been on the other side of the river it would have been a deal breaker!

PS… deal breaker because the extra time to use the river crossing meant he would not be home for late afternoon milking…

Last edited:
   / How did you meet your better half? #64  
Am I the only one that has no idea what this sentence (?) is supposed to mean?
I think he meant that the didn't tell their kids they only knew each other 5 days before they made a life altering decision until after the kids got married. ;)

/ How did you meet your better half? #65  
I think he meant that the didn't tell their kids they only knew each other 5 days before they made a life altering decision until after the kids got married. ;)
My understanding is in 1967 a couple met at a party that lasted 5 days resulting in a proposal. When their captive kids were freed they were informed that they were in fact, married.

/ How did you meet your better half? #66  
Am I the only one that has no idea what this sentence (?) is supposed to mean?
Good catch, arthritic hands and age will do that. The word ”free” in the second sentence should read “after” unfortunately that wonderful young lady that has put up with me now has advanced Alzheimer’s . I’m the full time caretaker and our love is still as strong s ever

/ How did you meet your better half? #68  
She was yelling "Hands against the wall, feet apart!" at me while holding back a German Shepard from attacking me. The rest is a little blurry
Was there peanuts butter involve as well?? lol ... sound like you turn that situation around petty well.

/ How did you meet your better half? #69  
Met in grade school, went to high school together, dated 3 years and married 47 yrs ago, the rest is happy history.
Cant say we didn't know what we were getting into.
She is the air under our wings!

/ How did you meet your better half? #70  
Congrats - YanmarFever. The wife and I were happily married for 45 years. She passed away 14 years ago. We met at a sock-hop when I was in the ninth grade. Married when I graduated college. She was the light in my life.