Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #621  
   / Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #622  
Last edited:
   / Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #623  
This mornings picture of my abutter.

Guarantees me 22 more years of peace an quiet .

Land went from a 25000 tax bill as agriculture to a 200000 as a solar farm, which is another plus .View attachment 796137

With all due respect, I would prefer to not have to look at that.
But if you’re diggin that, more power to ya.

I prefer trees, fields, nature….you know, stupid junk like that…..

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #624  
I have seen both ways with new gas plants: conversion of coal plants, and abandonment of coal plants to build new gas turbine facilities.

But repurposing a plant is always cheaper than starting over. The RR coal cars can be replaced with NG tank cars. The people there can keep their jobs. No new land seizures or acquisitions. The NG is right under our feet. 1000 years of NG ready to roll.
American resources, people, infrastructure. All in-place and ready to go. All American jobs from fracking, to railroads, to power generation. No China. Think about it. No trillions in taxpayer confiscated subsidies needed going overseas.

No solar/windmills ruining 1000’s of acres of mountain tops and beautiful valleys. No dead birds, dolphins or whales, either. No pollution generating concrete needed, either.

Let’s save our country from being over run by foreign junk and sending trillions overseas.

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #625  
I wish I knew for sure what some of the farmers in West Texas were getting in lease payments. But what I was told by someone that has a relative farming around the windmills is they made more money off the leases than they did from the crops.

I would think that it is close to correct as there is a lot of farmers taking advantage of the program. So if it benefits the farmer and it is his land he can do whatever he sees fit in my book. Hopefully they are doing well!

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #626  
I wish I knew for sure what some of the farmers in West Texas were getting in lease payments. But what I was told by someone that has a relative farming around the windmills is they made more money off the leases than they did from the crops.

I would think that it is close to correct as there is a lot of farmers taking advantage of the program. So if it benefits the farmer and it is his land he can do whatever he sees fit in my book. Hopefully they are doing well!
I hope so, too.

One thing about farming many of you may not realize is that farming is very LOCAL.
What works in one area, doesn’t work in another.
In West Texas, where the wind blows strong and the lands tend to be flat, windmills make sense.

But what would I know, I’m just a farmer.

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #627  
But repurposing a plant is always cheaper than starting over. The RR coal cars can be replaced with NG tank cars. The people there can keep their jobs. No new land seizures or acquisitions. The NG is right under our feet. 1000 years of NG ready to roll.
American resources, people, infrastructure. All in-place and ready to go. All American jobs from fracking, to railroads, to power generation. No China. Think about it. No trillions in taxpayer confiscated subsidies needed going overseas.

No solar/windmills ruining 1000’s of acres of mountain tops and beautiful valleys. No dead birds, dolphins or whales, either. No pollution generating concrete needed, either.

Let’s save our country from being over run by foreign junk and sending trillions overseas.
I’m a big proponent of natural gas. And we have an abundance of it. I also understand that wind and solar are in some areas and is increasing in others to be a major part of the mix. But pipelines are cheaper than rail transport. In the end, the utility companies are going to make the investment choices regardless of what we think.

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #628  
IMO...Hay growers / producers are farmers like clam diggers are fishermen...!

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #629  
This mornings picture of my abutter.

Guarantees me 22 more years of peace an quiet .

Land went from a 25000 tax bill as agriculture to a 200000 as a solar farm, which is another plus .View attachment 796137
So you now have to pay $200,00 taxes? How is that a plus?

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #630  
I’m a big proponent of natural gas. And we have an abundance of it. I also understand that wind and solar are in some areas and is increasing in others to be a major part of the mix. But pipelines are cheaper than rail transport. In the end, the utility companies are going to make the investment choices regardless of what we think.

Ah, you had me until the last sentence.
“In the end, the utility companies are going to make the investment choices regardless of what we think“

Nope.

They are going to make investment choices based on where the money is

And Trillions given to them in taxpayer funded subsidies for green energy are going to make them go to green energy.

Status
Not open for further replies.