Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #167,351  
Don, go have fun and get some good exercise on a nice day.
Full of memories, but ready to make new ones...
Thanks Riptides.

this summer or Fall I hope to take rv to friend's cabin in Catskills. Defines boodocking, but, but....I might have water.
Right near where I want to park rv in neighbor's lane (about 1/2 mile from cabin) there is a water pipe that has been sending excess runoff water from
pond about 3/4 mile up the mountain side. Have seen it run for 50 years.
Interesting head pressure situation. water in the cabin comes from a spring box clearly above the cabin, but not as much
as would make strong water pressure. This pipe never runs fast, but I bet it's the purest of pure water. Ultimately part of NYC water system headwaters.
But decided to be safe and asked my friend to test the water out of this pipe since it comes from a pond and there are fish and little critters in pond, plus other critters can come die in the pond. So good to test water. I'm sure it's fine and can't wait to fill up rv tank with it. My friend is going to fit a garden hose attachment onto this pipe, rv would be about 20 feet away.

Ken, hope you are doing better. Your son needs all his fingers for his music.........cordless electric sounds good. But he's sure old enough to learn and help. Those are great woods to work in, since you are just "over the mountain" (Bowman's Hill) from the farm where I grew up with 70 acres of woods, those woods look mighty familiar.
Every year we would go out and bring in 7 cords of wood for my father. Father and three boys made a good work crew. And even with that OSHA nightmare buzz saw on the front of the old JD B, with the belt that went whuppa whuppa whuppa...., no one got hurt.
Great place to grow up, I was lucky.

Attachments

• cabin water.jpg
    cabin water.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 50
   / Good morning!!!! #167,352  
Good morning!!!! 36F @ 5:15AM. Abundant sunshine. High 59F. Winds WNW at 5 to 10 mph.

You got me there, Randy: What's a "power-bar"? Here in the US, we eat them for a sudden burst of energy...

I wonder how Boeing can make all those extreme claims for the updated F15EX, Spike. Did they somehow manage to steal the Ruskies latest and greatest for testing?

Seems like you can't get a break from cancer, Buppies. I hope you can get past the worst of it soon.

How many miles on the RV, Drew? What you describe sounds like the bad ball joints on the F250 here. Had them replaced 100K miles ago, and it's starting to feel that way again.

Ditching the gas chainsaws hasn't been much of a problem here, Ken. Never any trouble getting them started after a long rest, and don't have to wear earmuffs while using them. They still don't run as long as I'd like on a set of batteries, but it's also nice to have to take a bit of a break to change them. I haven't switched to a battery string trimmer, but that's next on the list.

Got income taxes filed yesterday. Between what I got back from the Feds and what I had to pay the State, it was almost a wash.

Speaking of crazy weather, Mike, day before yesterday it hailed, yesterday it looked like it was snowing, except the flakes were little round balls, like miniature marshmallows. It was graupel, first time I'd ever seen it. Only took 66 years.
2023-04-03graupel.jpg

Found a car I'm interested in at the local Toyota dealer, and spoke to a salesman about it yesterday. He confirmed it's on the lot, and of course invited me for a test drive. Before that, I talked to an LA area dealer that had one about a thousand bux cheaper, the difference being options I don't want or need. His was a no haggle price, with a six-hundred dollar Dealer Adjustment, amazingly in the buyer's favor. That car had just shipped, though, so no telling when it will get on the lot. Having never driven a Camry, though, I thought it best to do that before I went all the way to LA to pick one up. So I'll drop by the dealer here tomorrow. I think I'd like the LE version better for a smoother , quieter, and fuel efficient ride, but I'll see about driving the sportier SE version as well. Same engine, stiffer suspension, and of course a wing on the trunk.

Downloaded the owner's manual this morning; darn thing is over 600 pages long. So many cryptic acronyms and dash symbols! And buttons and knobs and monster LCDs. It's a brave new world, one that makes me wonder if I can keep up. Then I read the descriptions of the data monitoring activities going on, and how Toyota has access to them with or without my permission. Brave new world is right.

/ Good morning!!!! #167,354  
Thanks RNG I’m afraid it’s in my skin so to speak just hope I can catch them quick. Fair skin does not help and exposure at an early age doomed me so to speak

/ Good morning!!!! #167,355  
They are 6 ft each. I have 1 section, I don’t think I’d want to stand on 2 of them. I feel 1 isn’t stable.
Yes, with 2 high, definitely need these:
1680616312766.jpeg

makes it much mor stable. I usually do not use the wheels, they come off by just removing one pin.

/ Good morning!!!! #167,356  
After the doctor visit yesterday did some clean up around the pond and some grading in a couple of places. Need to look over the lawn mower and get ready for mowing season. The grass is getting long already. Very early this year.
Buppies, good you are proactive with the skin problems.

Attachments

• D002FFBA-47B2-43CE-BD52-A8B8755D5804.jpeg
    D002FFBA-47B2-43CE-BD52-A8B8755D5804.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 44
   / Good morning!!!! #167,357  
Good morning. Low of 27°, only heading up to 40°. Windy until this evening. Now gusts are predicted to be as high as 70 mph! Up to 80 mph on the mountain tops.

The peak gust yesterday was 58 mph. Quite a few "brownouts" of blowing dust. Stayed windy all night, waking me up multiple times. gusts were around 30-35 mph.

We got some damage to the greenhouse yesterday afternoon. 2 panels blew out at the bottom, one cracking in 2 places. I'll search for some replacement material today. A few tree branches down.

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! To Mr and Mrs BEF.

Buppies, sorry to hear the ongoing cancer saga continues. Prayers sent.

Drew, glad you made it home safe and sound. I bet you enjoyed that bath. Hope the hot tub is ready.....

RNG, glad you may have found a suitable car. Hopefully you can get a deal.

Definitely will be an inside day, after a run to the grocery store.

Everyone have a great day!

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #167,358  
Good afternoon yesterday. I guess it was around 60F. I mowed the farm lane. I had to stop quite a lot to pick up branches. I was afraid I might run into some wet spots but it wasn't bad. I found 2 big trees blown over in the woods.

Looks like a crew was trimming trees along the power line. They really tore up the trail where it is always wet. If I didn't want to run through there I would just leave it.

I wonder what the story is with Toyota? I ran past the Toyota dealer. If they have 20 cars on the lot I'd be surprised. Last time I stopped most of the cars on the lot were sold.

I going to have to mow the lawn here at the house this afternoon. Looks like it will be in the seventies.

Take care.

Chris

/ Good morning!!!! #167,359  
Spring flowers
pleased to see first tulip open
went to nursery and got some ranculculus for front beds, and a few more strawberries for rear.
Also got romaine and red leaf lettuce planted. Nursery will have rest of veggies next week.

existing strawberries planted 2 1/2 weeks ago look just like they were planted, very small. Burgess sent them out too early,
ground has not warmed up enough to have them grow. At least most didn't freeze, just sort of sat there doing nothing.
Waiting for me I'm sure.... ;)

will see if I have enough energy to wash the rv later.
I ordered a set of front floor carpeting for the rv, tired of bare black rubber. Should make it look a lot less industrial. Was triple the price for the one
with the extra sound insulation. I wear those headphones anyway...

Attachments

• IMG_1656 (1).JPG
    IMG_1656 (1).JPG
    3.7 MB · Views: 40
  • IMG_1655 (1).JPG
    IMG_1655 (1).JPG
    4.9 MB · Views: 43
  • IMG_1653 (1).JPG
    IMG_1653 (1).JPG
    5.2 MB · Views: 42
  • IMG_1652 (1).JPG
    IMG_1652 (1).JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 41
  • IMG_1650 (1).JPG
    IMG_1650 (1).JPG
    4.4 MB · Views: 47
   / Good morning!!!! #167,360  

Speaking of crazy weather, Mike, day before yesterday it hailed, yesterday it looked like it was snowing, except the flakes were little round balls, like miniature marshmallows. It was graupel, first time I'd ever seen it. Only took 66 years.
View attachment 793264
RNG, that's a spectacular view. Just had to say.