Gas string trimmer aka weed eater recommendations wanted

/ Gas string trimmer aka weed eater recommendations wanted #41  
I have a Stihl FS110R for brushcutter with many hours, use it for heavy stuff.

I have an M18 Milwaukee trimmer and that works good for most of my trimming needs. 600 feet of driveway, 600 feet of road, and all the field edges.
I have three (expensive) batteries.
I like the battery trimmer as I stop/start it all the time to move stuff around.
Anywhere from 30min to 1 hour for battery, great feed head and loading without opening.

For the Stihl, I run that constantly, and it starts easy, but I don't put it down much while working through the brambles.

/ Gas string trimmer aka weed eater recommendations wanted #42  
Seems the Op was asking about running a little string feeder head. Running those is not hard or large power user.

/ Gas string trimmer aka weed eater recommendations wanted #43  
After having issues with the big box store brands, I switched to the Stihl Kombi 131R and it has been fantastic! This trimmer gets abused season after season and is responsible for the majority of light brush clearing on my property. When other trimmers have failed, this trimmer has succeeded. I highly recommend it.

Mike

/ Gas string trimmer aka weed eater recommendations wanted #44  
I have a Stihl, I can’t tell you which model, but it’s curved shaft. I wanted a straight shaft but every time I picked it up it just felt better. It turns out it’s a longer shaft for tall people. I don’t consider myself that tall, a little over 6 feet tall, but I often have problems with things being to short, such as mops, brooms and vacuum cleaners.

/ Gas string trimmer aka weed eater recommendations wanted #45  
I prefer the curved shaft too for some tasks. I use the type of power head that takes attachments and can convert from straight shaft to curved with a click or two.

/ Gas string trimmer aka weed eater recommendations wanted
The curved shaft looks easier to edge a sidewalk... maybe a guy needs one of each?

/ Gas string trimmer aka weed eater recommendations wanted #47  
The straight shaft is easier because it's easier to judge how far to turn the trimmer to the right position. And the straight shaft is better for getting under shrubs or trees. And a straight shaft is more likely to be a solid drive rod that will be stronger.

/ Gas string trimmer aka weed eater recommendations wanted #48  
After 20 years with a gas STILH(still works) I purchased an Echo battery unit and haven't used the Stilh since.About an hours use and I am done;have two batteries if needed.

/ Gas string trimmer aka weed eater recommendations wanted #49  
Which Echo battery unit did you get ?
Does it seem heavier than your Stilh gas unit ?

/ Gas string trimmer aka weed eater recommendations wanted #50  
Well regardless the OP wants a gas trimmer, not an electric one anyway so lets get back on thread, ok?
I do not see that in the problem description. Quite the contrary.
I'm looking for a recommendation on a brand or even a model you think is better than the rest.
My use is semi-light and seasonal. And speaking of light - Light and powerful would be good. Also I'm 6ft tall if that weighs into the ergonomics.
Thanks for any suggestions.
A battery-electric is optimal for “semi-light and seasonal”.