New rules for ethanol in gasoline

/ New rules for ethanol in gasoline #101  
Well - I guess I won't be driving the Taco Wagon back to Nebraska to visit relatives. Highlighted section under fuel in Owners Manual - "Use no fuel with greater than 10% alcohol". I wonder what folks with other than E-85 vehicles, that live in those states, are expected to do.

You know - it time for "us" to put a halt to all this government mandated crap. There must be a very good reason ( political ) that this has not been mandated in California.
I was laughing yesterday at this window sticker and my wife asked what was so funny. Had it not been for your explanation of "oosik" some time ago, I would not have been able to explain.
oosik.jpg

/ New rules for ethanol in gasoline #103  
I just read about sargassum piling up on Florida Beaches later on in the year. It stinks. A lot. Too bad it isn't about now as 'welcome' to the Spring Breakers that gum up everything down here. So much for wishful thinking.

The 'scientists' (like we have any left after Falsi got done with us) say we're gonna get millions of tons of it headed our way so I thought to myself, "Self, why don't these 'scientists' turn it into ethanol so we can power 5030's chainsaw?"

And, whaddya know? Somebody beat me to it. Folks, ladies and gentlemen, kids of all ages.... There is no energy shortage on this Planet. An IQ shortage? Yes. And we haven't even started on Clathrates yet.

/ New rules for ethanol in gasoline #104  
I just read about sargassum piling up on Florida Beaches later on in the year. It stinks. A lot. Too bad it isn't about now as 'welcome' to the Spring Breakers that gum up everything down here. So much for wishful thinking.

The 'scientists' (like we have any left after Falsi got done with us) say we're gonna get millions of tons of it headed our way so I thought to myself, "Self, why don't these 'scientists' turn it into ethanol so we can power 5030's chainsaw?"

And, whaddya know? Somebody beat me to it. Folks, ladies and gentlemen, kids of all ages.... There is no energy shortage on this Planet. An IQ shortage? Yes. And we haven't even started on Clathrates yet.

Well, I do agree with you on the IQ shortage. Just not sure where to point the finger.

/ New rules for ethanol in gasoline
OW, 100lbs of ethanol-processed feed takes the place of 120lbs of corn. Not sure about all that.
Not really. DDG can be fed as a supplement not a base feed. Not an issue here anymore. Cattle were sold 2 years ago and the pastureland is now in alfalfa hay.

/ New rules for ethanol in gasoline #108  
Why regulate small engines when you can just kill them with ethanol gas?
That was a funny early morning read.

Ethanol is becoming less of a concern as we move to battery powered drills, chainsaws, vehicles, leaf blower, etc as price parity occurs.

Not having as big of a jerk due to arthritis has lessen my needs for power tools fuel. :)

/ New rules for ethanol in gasoline #109  
Don't know if it's an IQ shortage or just common sense that's in short supply.
What is common sense? What you refer to as "common sense" is really "common knowledge". All things are learned. For example; If you didn't know how electricity worked, would you know not to touch a wire? Most people say it's common sense not to touch that wire, however, if it's the first time you've ever seen it it would just look like another object to you.
The world is about choices, if someone makes a different choice than you it's not always that they have a lack of common sense. It may be that they have more learning than you.

Last edited:
   / New rules for ethanol in gasoline #110  
What is common sense? What you refer to as "common sense" is really "common knowledge". All things are learned. For example; If you didn't know how electricity worked, would you know not to touch a wire? Most people say it's common sense not to touch that wire, however, if it's the first time you've ever seen it it would just look like another object to you.
The world is about choices, if someone makes a different choice than you it's not always that they have a lack of common sense. It may be that they have more learning than you.
Don't know if it's common sense or common knowledge, but i find i know alot about stuff i don't know much about, and as i learn more about it, i know less about the subject.