What's for supper???

/ What's for supper??? #3,121  
Tomato spaghetti sauce made with some of the gallons of tomatoes we canned last summer, over spaghetti squash. Heavy on the vegetables, with a bake-at-home baguette. Last night was New England boiled dinner using half of a corned beef. Tomorrow night is grilled Reubens with home fermented kraut on home baked caraway rye using the other half of the corned beef. I should pull a home made mac 'n cheese out of the freezer. I used lots of sharp cheese, plus ham and peas. I stewed the ham bone and cooked the mac in the ham broth, so it's rich and tasty. Nothing like those boxed things.
Wife made mac and cheese 2 nights ago. Mmmmmmm..... :p

/ What's for supper??? #3,122  
Thankfully, I'm Hungarian.

:sick: I think I will observe today as a fasting day of Lent.

To try Haggis in the USA, get a can of Scapple, and boil up a pot of oat meal. Mix and stuff it in intestines that your local butcher shop will have. Bake at 350 Degrees for 45 minutes. There you go. Its just as horrible as the real thing. :)

WIMPS!!!

I have farmed in England, Australia, Scotland and Portugal, in that order. Wherever I farmed I ate what the local peasants (i.e. someone who farms to sustain himself and family) ate. Not everything that peasants eat is pleasant - I do not like tripe, I do not like boiled peanuts, I am not particularly fond of boiled kale. I do not like any Italian style wine and had Italians nearby in Australia who raved about the Oz Italian style wines. That does not mean I considered the dishes and wine to be bad, just not to my taste.

In Portugal we had neighbours who made Haggis in the Portuguese style. Use goat instead of sheep and rice (grown in Portugal) instead of oatmeal. Almost as good as the Scottish version.

Be adventorous, try something new now and again. I am sure there are dishes out there that I would enjoy but do not know about.

/ What's for supper??? #3,123  
WIMPS!!!

I have farmed in England, Australia, Scotland and Portugal, in that order. Wherever I farmed I ate what the local peasants (i.e. someone who farms to sustain himself and family) ate. Not everything that peasants eat is pleasant - I do not like tripe, I do not like boiled peanuts, I am not particularly fond of boiled kale. I do not like any Italian style wine and had Italians nearby in Australia who raved about the Oz Italian style wines. That does not mean I considered the dishes and wine to be bad, just not to my taste.

In Portugal we had neighbours who made Haggis in the Portuguese style. Use goat instead of sheep and rice (grown in Portugal) instead of oatmeal. Almost as good as the Scottish version.

Be adventorous, try something new now and again. I am sure there are dishes out there that I would enjoy but do not know about.
Hey, I said I'd try it. :p

/ What's for supper??? #3,124  
I do not like tripe
I do not like boiled peanuts
I am not particularly fond of boiled kale
I do not like any Italian style wine
Whoa big fella. Who are you calling a whimp for not liking something? :cool:

/ What's for supper??? #3,126  
Oh, I am sure Haggis is an acquired taste. I just don't think I could get myself to take a bite.

/ What's for supper??? #3,127  
Cow cock n onion, main meal.

Baloney and whipped cream for dessert.

/ What's for supper??? #3,129  
Pretty sure I would eat Moss's Tortoise before I would eat a Cow Cock or a Haggis!

Eaten lots of turtle as a youngster.

/ What's for supper??? #3,130  
Let's not leave out head cheese and blood sausage.

No picture, but last night I made loaded meatloaf. Basically meatloaf topped with a mixture of mashed sweet potato, white potato and cheddar cheese. Bake the meatloaf half way, spread on the mashed mix and bake the rest of the way.