What's for supper???

/ What's for supper??? #1  

Larro Darro

Tractor
3930 Ford B1750 & B7500 Kubota
When I got in from work last night, Margie had supper on the table. It looked so good, I had to take a picture before digging in.

022.jpg

The bread is from the Harvey's deli, but she prepared everything else. Coleslaw, green beans with shaved almonds, pork loin and a cucumber and tomato salad.
The pork loin was a new recipe, and it turned out good. For anyone who is interested in the recipe, here it is.

Crock pot pulled pork:

2 pound pork tenderloin
1 large onion
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
16 oz of your favorite BBQ sauce {we like Sweet Baby Ray's}
Salt & Pepper

Dice onion and put in crock pot. Add tenderloin and garlic powder. Combine cider vinegar and BBQ sauce in bowl and add to crock pot.
Cook on low for 6-7 hours, or on high for 4-5 hours. {or until meat is tender}

We had planned on sandwiches, but the meat was so good, we ate it straight up. There was just a hint of vinegar the first bite or two, but after that you didn't notice it. This one is a keeper.

Anyone who has new recipes you want to share, or even old favorites, please post. We are always wanting to try something new.

/ What's for supper??? #2  
Prepared ravioli for the girlfriend and I tonite, it is baking right now...have made this several times before and it is super tasty:

WEEKNIGHT RAVIOLI BAKE

In a large mixing bowl combine the following:

1-26 ounce jar of spaghetti sauce
1-14 1/2 ounce can of diced tomatoes, undrained
1/2 jar (4 ounces) of basil pesto
1-8 ounce can of tomato paste
1/2 cup of tomato juice

After mixing, spread one cup of the sauce mixture in the bottom of a 13'X9' baking dish, then layer one pound of frozen cheese ravioli over the sauce, top with 4 ounces of Italian shredded cheese. Then spread another cup of the sauce mixture over that and layer a second pound of frozen cheese ravioli over the sauce and top that with the remainder of the sauce mixture and another 4 ounces of Italian shredded cheeese.

Cover the dish with aluminum foil and bake in a preheated oven at 400 degrees for 30 minutes, then remove the foil and continue baking for another 15-20 minutes, remove from the oven and sprinkle with grated Pamesan cheese, let stand ten minutes before serving. Makes 8 generous servings. The tomato paste and pesto are what give this recipe real flavor. It tastes even better when reheated as leftovers.

/ What's for supper??? #3  
Prepared ravioli for the girlfriend and I tonite, it is baking right now...have made this several times before and it is super tasty:

WEEKNIGHT RAVIOLI BAKE

In a large mixing bowl combine the following:

1-26 ounce jar of spaghetti sauce
1-14 1/2 ounce can of diced tomatoes, undrained
1/2 jar (4 ounces) of basil pesto
1-8 ounce can of tomato paste
1/2 cup of tomato juice

After mixing, spread one cup of the sauce mixture in the bottom of a 13'X9' baking dish, then layer one pound of frozen cheese ravioli over the sauce, top with 4 ounces of Italian shredded cheese. Then spread another cup of the sauce mixture over that and layer a second pound of frozen cheese ravioli over the sauce and top that with the remainder of the sauce mixture and another 4 ounces of Italian shredded cheeese.

Cover the dish with aluminum foil and bake in a preheated oven at 400 degrees for 30 minutes, then remove the foil and continue baking for another 15-20 minutes, remove from the oven and sprinkle with grated Pamesan cheese, let stand ten minutes before serving. Makes 8 generous servings. The tomato paste and pesto are what give this recipe real flavor. It tastes even better when reheated as leftovers.

That sounds really tasty Bill.

/ What's for supper??? #5  
I'm making Burgers with sweet potato fries.

/ What's for supper???

It tastes even better when reheated as leftovers.

That sounds good. I try to watch my carbs, so it seems like the wife will cook all sorts of pasta dishes while I'm dieting. I might use the old reverse, reverse psychology on her. Show her the recipe, tell her it has too many carbs for me, but I would like to try it anyway. She will think I don't want it and will be sure to cook it. I'm just kidding. She searches for new stuff to cook all the time. Our problem is with me working nights and weekends, and her working days, it is rare for us to have supper together at home.

/ What's for supper???
I'm making Burgers with sweet potato fries.

I love sweet potato fries. I try to cut back on regular potatoes, but they are everywhere.

/ What's for supper???
Fried Chicken and Fried Okra with a salad tonight....;)

There was two family reunions at my work this weekend. They both had fried chicken. There had been okra, but it was gone by the time I went through the line. The black family were there for two nights. They smoked ribs the first night. I can not tell a lie. I ate some of their ribs.

/ What's for supper??? #9  
When I got in from work last night, Margie had supper on the table. It looked so good, I had to take a picture before digging in.

View attachment 331798

The bread is from the Harvey's deli, but she prepared everything else. Coleslaw, green beans with shaved almonds, pork loin and a cucumber and tomato salad.
The pork loin was a new recipe, and it turned out good. For anyone who is interested in the recipe, here it is.

Crock pot pulled pork:

2 pound pork tenderloin
1 large onion
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
16 oz of your favorite BBQ sauce {we like Sweet Baby Ray's}
Salt & Pepper

Dice onion and put in crock pot. Add tenderloin and garlic powder. Combine cider vinegar and BBQ sauce in bowl and add to crock pot.
Cook on low for 6-7 hours, or on high for 4-5 hours. {or until meat is tender}

We had planned on sandwiches, but the meat was so good, we ate it straight up. There was just a hint of vinegar the first bite or two, but after that you didn't notice it. This one is a keeper.

Anyone who has new recipes you want to share, or even old favorites, please post. We are always wanting to try something new.

Larry, I've been cooking that almost exact same recipe for over a year, kinda discovered by accident and loved it.

/ What's for supper??? #10  
I'm always in for recipe swaps! I do more cooking in the winter, when I have time, and don't mind heating the house as much!