What's for supper???

/ What's for supper??? #3,112  
Regarding kale, I am making Portuguese Kale soup tomorrow.

No picture, but tonight I made Chicken Fried rice. I used brown and red rice cooked in tomato liquid (liquid from home canned tomato jars) and loaded it up with onions, carrots, broccoli, peas, ginger and grilled chicken. Salad and that, real good.

Note: I had a bandaid on my finger since I burned it on the wood stove a few days ago. As I was finishing preparing the chicken fried rice I noticed the bandaid had fallen off. I stirred and stirred the rice dish to find the bandaid to no avail. I resigned myself (or my wife) to finding a chewy bite. After sheepishly eating dinner expecting the worst I found the bandaid on the floor. Whew! 😅😅

Last edited:
   / What's for supper??? #3,113  
Had no idea you had a tortoise @MossRoad. Food all looks great, I love Collards, unfortunately so do deer and chickens. ;)
Tortoise belongs to one of our kids. Kid is off with husband at grad school, and they have to travel a lot. So, we're tortoise sitting for a few years.

He's a Russian tortoise. Interesting critter, but he's kind of a jerk. Just gives you the eyeball once in a while.

/ What's for supper??? #3,114  
Today, 25 January is the day anyone with any Scottish connections has to have Haggis. Accompanied by neeps and mashed tatties.

Fair fa' your honest sonsie face
Great chieftain o the puddin race
etc........... I could have typed more, but it would not be understood by most.

/ What's for supper??? #3,115  
Today, 25 January is the day anyone with any Scottish connections has to have Haggis. Accompanied by neeps and mashed tatties.

Fair fa' your honest sonsie face
Great chieftain o the puddin race
etc........... I could have typed more, but it would not be understood by most.
Thankfully, I'm Hungarian.

/ What's for supper??? #3,117  
:sick: I think I will observe today as a fasting day of Lent.

/ What's for supper??? #3,118  
Tomato spaghetti sauce made with some of the gallons of tomatoes we canned last summer, over spaghetti squash. Heavy on the vegetables, with a bake-at-home baguette. Last night was New England boiled dinner using half of a corned beef. Tomorrow night is grilled Reubens with home fermented kraut on home baked caraway rye using the other half of the corned beef. I should pull a home made mac 'n cheese out of the freezer. I used lots of sharp cheese, plus ham and peas. I stewed the ham bone and cooked the mac in the ham broth, so it's rich and tasty. Nothing like those boxed things.

/ What's for supper??? #3,119  
To try Haggis in the USA, get a can of Scapple, and boil up a pot of oat meal. Mix and stuff it in intestines that your local butcher shop will have. Bake at 350 Degrees for 45 minutes. There you go. Its just as horrible as the real thing. :)

/ What's for supper??? #3,120  
To try Haggis in the USA, get a can of Scapple, and boil up a pot of oat meal. Mix and stuff it in intestines that your local butcher shop will have. Bake at 350 Degrees for 45 minutes. There you go. Its just as horrible as the real thing. :)
Sweet!

:sick: