5600 Toolcat back wheels stuck side ways and wont turn back

/ 5600 Toolcat back wheels stuck side ways and wont turn back #1  

Bigred333

Tractor
bobcat 5600 toolcat
I have a 2020 5600 toolcat and the wheels are stuck out of alignment and wont go back but it does still drive. Has anyone had this problem? no error code I dont think.
Edit: Got to work this morning and it gave me no issues and worked just fine. Still have no clue why it did what it did.

Last edited:
   / 5600 Toolcat back wheels stuck side ways and wont turn back #2  
Wow, not good if you want to turn the one way............

Last edited:
   / 5600 Toolcat back wheels stuck side ways and wont turn back #3  
Being that your front wheels still function, the steering pump (connected to steering column) seems to still work. There is the steering selector valve that switches the fluid for steering to the front and rear cylinders. That valve is pretty well protected and buried rear of the engine. It has 3 solenoid coils on it to switch between front and AWS. My guess is one of these may have a bad connection or is not switching the valve.

/ 5600 Toolcat back wheels stuck side ways and wont turn back #4  
Or the switch is bad. Is it the same as our 2017 model?:

G control console 5600.jpg

/ 5600 Toolcat back wheels stuck side ways and wont turn back #5  
which wheels are turning, front or rear? I would check the selector switch on the center as pictured last post, could be the connector has come off if it does rear wheels will not move

/ 5600 Toolcat back wheels stuck side ways and wont turn back
Being that your front wheels still function, the steering pump (connected to steering column) seems to still work. There is the steering selector valve that switches the fluid for steering to the front and rear cylinders. That valve is pretty well protected and buried rear of the engine. It has 3 solenoid coils on it to switch between front and AWS. My guess is one of these may have a bad connection or is not switching the valve.
Front wheels are not cooperating very well.

/ 5600 Toolcat back wheels stuck side ways and wont turn back #7  
Front wheels are not cooperating very well.
Then why does your post title say "back wheels stuck side ways and wont turn back"?

/ 5600 Toolcat back wheels stuck side ways and wont turn back #8  
I worked for JCB as field mechanic. All I'd do is unplug the rear. Drive until rear gets straight with machine. Plug back in. Sure beat doing the page long list of procedures.

/ 5600 Toolcat back wheels stuck side ways and wont turn back #9  
All I'd do is unplug the rear. Drive until rear gets straight with machine. Plug back in.
The rear hydraulic steering cylinder will not move if the solenoid valve is unplugged.

/ 5600 Toolcat back wheels stuck side ways and wont turn back #10  
seems the back wheels are turning, so if the fronts are slow, set switch to front steer, align wheels pull the plug switch to 4 wheel steer and drive home using the rear wheel steer alone