No Turf Tires?

/ No Turf Tires? #1  

yooperdave

Veteran Member
Tractor
Tool Cat 5600, LS XJ2025H, Branson 4215HC
Looking at buying a new LS compact tractor. Their web site indicated choice of Ag, Turf or Industrial. The dealer said only Industrial were available. I then looked at the TYM website where turf tires were not even mentioned. Why the challenge of no turf tires? TIA Yooper Dave

/ No Turf Tires? #2  
Tires have been hard to get for tractor manufactures over the last couple yrs, Maybe turfs are just harder to get still,

/ No Turf Tires? #3  
Other than backhoes or skid steers I think R4s are terrible for tractors. R1 first. R3 distant second.

/ No Turf Tires? #4  
I have turf on mine and was going to look for ag tires. Wanted to try the turfs in the snow first and they work fine for snow so no need to spend the money.

/ No Turf Tires? #5  
I ran into the same issue. Wanted R3 tires on my new tractor, dealer said there were no tractors in my area with them, and retrofitting a tractor with R3s would cost a lot of money. I asked about simply ordering a tractor the way I wanted it and they sort of acted like that wasn't an option. So I got stuck with R4s.

In my experience, R3s are superior in every terrain except sloppy mud which a compact tractor rarely ever sees. I have no idea why R3 isn't the standard. These tractors are almost exclusively used on turfs or around homes.

/ No Turf Tires? #6  
When I was looking to replace my worn out rear turf tires, I got creative and found the right size truck / off road tires. I found 15" Mickey Thompson Baja's and they've worked out great. R2, R3 ??? The #'s confuse me. These are fairly aggressive and assymetrical tread design. The fronts are still turf tread type. If I was tractor shopping, I would really try and avoid turf tires, unless it's only for use on your golf course.

1674661034358.png

Last edited:
   / No Turf Tires? #7  
When I was looking to replace my worn out rear turf tires, I got creative and found the right size truck / off road tires. I found 15" Mickey Thompson Baja's and they've worked out great. R2, R3 ??? The #'s confuse me. These are fairly aggressive and assymetrical tread design. The fronts are still turf tread type. If I was tractor shopping, I would really try and avoid turf tires, unless it's only for use on your golf course.
What tractor takes 15" truck tires in the rear?
R1 vs R4 is like religion or politics...wade in at your own risk!! :ROFLMAO: Not sure what R3s are.

/ No Turf Tires? #8  
1674683725692.png

/ No Turf Tires? #10  
1674683828272.png