Dead deer on side of road. That time of year.

/ Dead deer on side of road. That time of year. #11  
Yup way to many deer here in Wisconsin as well, that’s probably one of the main reasons chronic wasting disease keeps getting worse. And another reason for higher insurance rates. I’ve killed 5 deer with motorcycles, if it was up to me they would start paying a bounty on deer to get the population much lower.

/ Dead deer on side of road. That time of year. #12  
Yup way to many deer here in Wisconsin as well, that’s probably one of the main reasons chronic wasting disease keeps getting worse. And another reason for higher insurance rates. I’ve killed 5 deer with motorcycles, if it was up to me they would start paying a bounty on deer to get the population much lower.
I think if they had a longer gun season in these places like IL and WI people would kill more deer. Or at least a longer shotgun and muzzleloader season. I understand high velocity rounds are a bit more dangerous in places as flat as IL. But shotgun and Muzzle loader give the hunter a definite advantage over a bow.

/ Dead deer on side of road. That time of year. #13  
I think if they had a longer gun season in these places like IL and WI people would kill more deer. Or at least a longer shotgun and muzzleloader season. I understand high velocity rounds are a bit more dangerous in places as flat as IL. But shotgun and Muzzle loader give the hunter a definite advantage over a bow.
It wouldnt be nearly as dangerous either if they extended the season.

Ohio's season is only 1-week long for gun (shotgun and straight-walled rifle cartridges).

So you have EVERYONE that wants to gun hunt trying to cram it all into 7 days.

/ Dead deer on side of road. That time of year. #14  
Opposite in CO. There are so many people hunting now it is ridiculous. Last year was the first year I wasn’t able to draw any tag. Every year they set a new record for applicants and licenses sold. We have months and months of seasons now. Archery starts 9/2 and I still see orange out there today.

People just suck at hunting…

/ Dead deer on side of road. That time of year. #16  
Opposite in CO. There are so many people hunting now it is ridiculous. Last year was the first year I wasn’t able to draw any tag. Every year they set a new record for applicants and licenses sold. We have months and months of seasons now. Archery starts 9/2 and I still see orange out there today.

People just suck at hunting…
I have a bullet hole in my weathervane on top of my shop to prove that people suck at hunting.

/ Dead deer on side of road. That time of year. #17  
I have a bullet hole in my weathervane on top of my shop to prove that people suck at hunting.
That’s not hunting, that’s being an a-hole. Still, they wouldn’t be in the woods if it wasn’t hunting season.

I get POed when I see signs and other things shot up; people who do so are giving gun owners everywhere a bad name. A coworker at my first job out of college told of standing in the road with a bunch of his buddies, taking pot shots at a flashing red traffic light with his new Ruger .22 pistol. He would quip how tough that light was, they shot it multiple times before it finally broke.

More likely, they missed it multiple times and the bullet went flying off into someplace it shouldn’t have been.

That’s one reason I don’t believe that alcohol and gunpowder mix.

/ Dead deer on side of road. That time of year. #18  
I've taken out deer 4 times, 2x in truck, 1x on motorcycle (almost killed me) and last spring in my Cruze TD. When huntin season comes they are gone like a camel fart in the desert tho.

/ Dead deer on side of road. That time of year. #19  
In our area most of land posted and strict hunting laws deer only need to fear coyotes.

I don't worry so much about first deer crossing in front of me when driving,it's deer number 2.3.4. etc. tries to scoot across.

/ Dead deer on side of road. That time of year. #20  
Around us, the coyotes seem to be keeping the deer heard down. We used to see 7-9 deer but now we see half that number in the herd around the house.

I stepped outside a few weeks back and heard three distinct groups of coyotes howling/yelping at each other.

Early in the summer, I saw two coyotes during the day crossing the road near the house. If I had not been looking in the right direction, at the right time, I would not have seen them. They were only visible for a couple of seconds.

We do have turkeys too which have come back from nothing.

I can remember living in Kentucky and never seeing deer even though I was in the woods often and there were plenty of fields were we should have seen deer. They simply were not there decades ago. Course, the fields have no sprouted houses....... :(