Gasoline Tractors are they coming Back ?

/ Gasoline Tractors are they coming Back ? #21  
With diesel costing over $ 2 per gallon more than gas right now, it makes sense to use gas tractors. I think we will see that difference tighten way up by the spring.

The reason for the big difference right now, is that we are at the point of maximum demand for heating oil. That is identical to diesel fuel, except for the color.
I don't buy this argument!

All my life diesel has been cheaper than gas, summer and winter. So why is it that in the last few years Diesel has become more expensive and not by a little. $2 a gallon more than gas is absolutely ridiculous. When I was young, my parents used to heat with oil and my father would deliver it to households. A lot of house use oil because natural gas was not available. So why was it cheaper then and until a few years ago. Why is it cheaper in Europe than here? Something else is going on. Or maybe someone can open my eyes to some reasonable explanation, not what we are fed by the media or fuel companies.

/ Gasoline Tractors are they coming Back ? #22  
WOW!!!!! Check out who's making huge profits!

willy

/ Gasoline Tractors are they coming Back ? #23  
I don't buy this argument!

All my life diesel has been cheaper than gas, summer and winter. So why is it that in the last few years Diesel has become more expensive and not by a little. $2 a gallon more than gas is absolutely ridiculous. When I was young, my parents used to heat with oil and my father would deliver it to households. A lot of house use oil because natural gas was not available. So why was it cheaper then and until a few years ago. Why is it cheaper in Europe than here? Something else is going on. Or maybe someone can open my eyes to some reasonable explanation, not what we are fed by the media or fuel companies.
Diesel started becoming more expensive than gas in the early 2000s when the switch was made to ultra low sulfur diesel. The price differential with gas is a larger spread now than it used to be.

/ Gasoline Tractors are they coming Back ? #25  
Why not just buy older, simpler diesel powered equipment? Like from the early 2000’s? Its cheap, because it’s used, and less expensive to fuel, because it doesn’t have a DPF regen or need DEF, and it’s cheaper to maintain/more reliable, because there’s no sensors to fail? Plus you get the massive torque rise of diesel engine over gas.
That’s what I did.
I have 6 diesel tractors and 1 diesel truck. Not one of them has DEF or DPF. Plenty of them out there.
Only my 2020 RAM does, and it has extended warranty, so I’m not overly concerned.

/ Gasoline Tractors are they coming Back ? #26  
I am not a conspiracy theorist, but let's face it, diesel is in the public eye these days. Our current government would love to do away with it completely. If they somehow create an environment artificially that keeps fuel prices high, perhaps it will give the industry more incentive to start moving away from diesel. At least, that's the plan. And it seems to be working, with Cummins developing a gasoline version of their popular 6.7L engine, Ford dropping two new gas engines in the last 24 months, and semi-truck manufacturers showing off hydrogen fuel cell and electric options to fleets. I would say it's only a matter of time until ag equipment follows suit.

I would like to note that I do not personally agree with the way things are going. I'm just pointing out how it is. This current administration sees environmental issues as their key to staying in power. All they have to do is convince folks there is a problem, and then present themselves as the solution to that problem.

/ Gasoline Tractors are they coming Back ? #27  
A gasoline engine that pulls and behaves as a diesel is not an simple construction, tryed a 1.3 130hp and that behaved as a diesel, a very impressive engine.

/ Gasoline Tractors are they coming Back ? #28  
I'm waiting fo the day when gasoline will be $1.00 per gallon to get you out of your electric car.
We are prey to "marketing" for us to keep buying.
Skinny ties in the 50's. Fat ties in the 70's. Back to skinny in the 2020's.
The "order of the day" is more about psychological brainwashing and it's all cyclical.

/ Gasoline Tractors are they coming Back ? #29  
I remember my dad using a 95 hp gas Oliver pulling a 6 bottom moldboard plow in the 60's. It pulled it fine when it was cool, but when it got hot after a few hours, the gasoline would start to vapor lock and the engine would start popping. I think a diesel would have been a better choice, but he said he didn't like the smell of diesel.

/ Gasoline Tractors are they coming Back ? #30  
I remember my dad using a 95 hp gas Oliver pulling a 6 bottom moldboard plow in the 60's. It pulled it fine when it was cool, but when it got hot after a few hours, the gasoline would start to vapor lock and the engine would start popping. I think a diesel would have been a better choice, but he said he didn't like the smell of diesel.
Had old gasoline tractors, it is a nightmare and all of them had a unlimited thirst for fuel, have a MF135 diesel and a full tank seems last forever, no gas trakctor starts easier than a AD3-152 diesel.