Getting too old to step up 22”

/ Getting too old to step up 22” #21  
Couple of things: to the OP, there is a fellow who makes all kinds of mods for the Kubota line of tractors. He has a step for that model I think. Here's the link:

Someone above mentioned using their steering wheel as a grab handle. Don't know about the Kubotas but I've seen posts of people messing up their steering system by doing just that on a MF tractor. The steering wheel in these cases are just a hydraulic valve. Wouldn't want to me$$ that up.

/ Getting too old to step up 22” #22  
I found out last week that a Chevy 3/4 ton 4x4 without running boards, is impossible for me to get into.
I used to laugh at people who had running boards on low slung pick-ups or Suburbans. Really?? lol I found out in 2019 that this 3/4 ton needed steps. The entry height is about 27". You can do it, but it's difficult and I'm 6'1" and age 70. When I had my 2020 built, I ordered working steps which brings the first step height down to 16". Using the grab handles, it's a breeze getting up and in. The toe steps fore and aft of the bed are at 23" and 27", respectively, and you can use the bed rails and tailgate to help pull you up. Center of the rear bumper is at 27" and full height is at 33". On my JD5525, the first step is at 22". I have no problem with that combined with the grab handle that runs the full height of the cab.

/ Getting too old to step up 22”
Couple of things: to the OP, there is a fellow who makes all kinds of mods for the Kubota line of tractors. He has a step for that model I think. Here's the link:

Someone above mentioned using their steering wheel as a grab handle. Don't know about the Kubotas but I've seen posts of people messing up their steering system by doing just that on a MF tractor. The steering wheel in these cases are just a hydraulic valve. Wouldn't want to me$$ that up.
$255.00 ??? Mine was made from boneyard supplies and a couple of hours of cut/fit/bolt. $0.00

/ Getting too old to step up 22” #24  
We had the barn roof re-shingled a few years ago. As I came down the driveway on the tractor, I saw one of the lads hop from the ground onto the bed of the pickup truck. No hands. I couldn't believe it, so when I got there I asked him to do it again, and he did. This was pre-Covid and I was still going to the gym, and part of my routine was to put one 3-inch platform on top of another and hop up. So I was hopping 6 inches and this kid was levitating what, 40 inches?

I'll be 91 in a couple weeks. Does that make me the senior member here?

/ Getting too old to step up 22” #25  
I'll be 91 in a couple weeks. Does that make me the senior member here?
Dunno about that, but it does give you the right to call anyone under 80 "lads"!

I'll be real happy if you tell me your secret is a bourbon every night with dinner.

/ Getting too old to step up 22” #27  
$255.00 ??? Mine was made from boneyard supplies and a couple of hours of cut/fit/bolt. $0.00
The difference is that you bought a new tractor that was attached to it.

Our company makes excavator modifications. An elevated tower between undercarriage and superstructure for example: We can sell it and get the engineering payd. But because the increase in step height between the top of the track and the cab floor, an extra step or a walkway is required by OSHA law. The time to find out how to comply to those rules make for a very expensive walkway, its hard to get your research hours payd for. So if the customer (a dealer) doesnt ask, we deliver whats asked, and write in the assembly instruction that the assembler is responsible for OSHA compliance of the finished product... they sold a brand new machine, so they are in a better position to amortize the unpaid work over the total sales sum than we are...

So yes, if you buy a single step it costs dear money because you pay the true cost. If you buy it with a tractor attached to it, a dealer is just giving it away as a discount on the brand new tractor.

/ Getting too old to step up 22”
The difference is that you bought a new tractor that was attached to it.
So yes, if you buy a single step it costs dear money because you pay the true cost. If you buy it with a tractor attached to it, a dealer is just giving it away as a discount on the brand new tractor.
My NEW tractor is 18 years old

/ Getting too old to step up 22” #30  
I am planning to add a step to our JD2032R...
Besides the help getting onto the tractor, a shorter step off into tall grass, uneven ground, or ice and snow is where I go down many times...