square baler trouble shooting

/ square baler trouble shooting
AWESOME! Thank you :)

Last edited:
   / square baler trouble shooting #13  
Awesome, Thanks for the help everyone I will start going through the baler tomorrow and do the things that sea2summit suggested. Chains defiantly need oiled they are looking a little rusty. I have already greased every fitting I could find.

I have not been able to find a manual.

Yeah square balers amaze me with how sophisticated they are.

I will take my time and be very careful.
Keep looking, I guarantee you theres more lol

/ square baler trouble shooting #14  
For the past 5 or 6 years I have been running a MF 3 baler (the smaller version of the one you have). Its a fine little baler but you need to take your time and not run it too fast and hard. Don't over stuff the bale chamber and don't over grease the knotter either. Make sure your blow the chaff out from around the knotter and be sure to empty the bale chamber at the end of the season. Also, when you first start trying to bale, make sure the twine is being wiped off the knotters. Have someone walk beside the baler and if the twine isn't coming off the billhooks, stop and figure out why. You don't want to have a broken part because it is not easy to find replacements. And make sure you really polish the billhooks with some fine emery cloth so that the twine can slip off easily.

/ square baler trouble shooting #15  
And yes the shear pin is on the large flywheel up on the front of the machine.

Something is preventing the baler from turning. The pto shaft turns but does not turn the flywheel. The shear pin is there and not broken. Once I figure out what is going on I will buy the manuals. Just want to make sure there is no catastrophic problem with it first. I guess I need to pull the flywheel cover off and inspect, and look at all of the rotating assembly.

This sounds really funny. LOL
Not sure why you think so. I just wanrt to make sure It is worth fixing before I spend $50 on the service and parts manuals. I do not think I need a manual to figure a problem that I imagine will be obvious.

/ square baler trouble shooting #19  
Not sure why you think so. I just wanrt to make sure It is worth fixing before I spend $50 on the service and parts manuals. I do not think I need a manual to figure a problem that I imagine will be obvious.
Well the manual should have a trouble shooting section....

Does it not turn at all in either direction? You said you activated the PTO while it was attached, it didn't do anything? Is there a slip clutch? It sounds like the needle safety catch but that wouldn't prevent it from turning backwards.

/ square baler trouble shooting #20  
Not even going there with this one. Activated the pto and zilch happened but the shear bolt isn't broken.... Me thinks it's uckered.

Last edited: