1997 T5C hydraulics Problem

/ 1997 T5C hydraulics Problem #11  
Do you have a pressure tester? You would need at least a 3000 psi gauge but I would get a 4000 psi and a few fittings with a section of hose.

/ 1997 T5C hydraulics Problem
Do you have a pressure tester? You would need at least a 3000 psi gauge but I would get a 4000 psi and a few fittings with a section of hose.
I am not following you. what am I suppose to check pressure of? The whole basic system?

/ 1997 T5C hydraulics Problem #13  
It test your pump pressure also sometimes even though the suction hose looks good it can suck air.

OK, I am tracking. I did not think about the suck air part. Now if you can only figure what else I could do with that gauge, then I MIGHT be able to justify it to the wife.

/ 1997 T5C hydraulics Problem #15  
You can get a cheap hydraulic gauge
IMG_2094.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_2094.JPG
    IMG_2094.JPG
    868 KB · Views: 86
I know, I already ordered a set with the fittings. It comes friday and Sat I should be able to get it checked out. I was kind of suspecting the gear pump any way because the last owner used hydraulic fluid.

Gauges came in. checked everything I could think would give me a reading. (Now remember, I have hydro to both buckets, can drive forward and reverse, and can pick up tractor rear by stabilizers and front by bucket.) I checked from trans to p/s box, no reading. I checked from P/S box to both ends of steering cylinder, no reading. I connected both end of cylinder hoses to a T, no reading. At no time testing (p/s area) did the engine bog down, does anybody have a clue as to what might be bad?

/ 1997 T5C hydraulics Problem #18  
check pressure at one of the loader ports and deadhead the joystick while watching the gauge.

/ 1997 T5C hydraulics Problem #19  
"Last owner used hydraulic fluid" instead of oil. I suggest you call one of the places that specializes in parts for these machines and ask them what goes bad when someone uses hydraulic fluid instead of oil.
They have probably seen this enough that they may be able to narrow down what you need to look for.

Once someone has put hydraulic fluid in the system, what do you have to do to clean the system enough to make it reliable again? I don't know myself, but I'd be asking what hydraulic fluid does to the entire system and what has to be done. Short of taking the whole system apart and cleaning it piece by piece, how would you flush all of the hydraulic fluid out? Does it have to be 100% cleaned of all hydraulic fluid or can you flush it enough by repeated oil changes say run it to operating temperature, cycle the systems and then change the oil. Repeat. How many times?

These are some questions I'd be asking. Especially if the residual hydraulic fluid in the system can tear something else up if it hasn't adequately been dealt with.

/ 1997 T5C hydraulics Problem #20  
You might find more information on one of the Terramite groups on Facebook also. Just trying to help.