Do you use your tractor in a fenced in Garden?

/ Do you use your tractor in a fenced in Garden? #11  
12'?
What kind of deer?

I've found for the most part that as long as my fence is higher than that around my neighbor's garden, they stay out of mine [emoj

12'?
What kind of deer?

I've found for the most part that as long as my fence is higher than that around my neighbor's garden, they stay out of mine
White tail. My neighbor has two forties he truck patches. My parents do a good bit too. Let's say garden and over 6,000 water melons. Just a fence to keep cows out.

/ Do you use your tractor in a fenced in Garden? #12  
I had an electric fence around the big garden I had until 9 years ago in the creek bottom. Could move the fence easily to bring mulch in, etc.

Best fence for hooved rats is a 2 deep one in the attachment. I relocated my wire fence (one in the picture is with nylon rope) around the back yard to be like this fence. Since then, NO HOOVED RATS in the raspberries. There are daylillies and further back camellias, both hooved rat candy, in this picture.

Attachments

• Hooved rat fence.jpg
    Hooved rat fence.jpg
    357.7 KB · Views: 193
   / Do you use your tractor in a fenced in Garden? #14  
12'?
What kind of deer?

I've found for the most part that as long as my fence is higher than that around my neighbor's garden, they stay out of mine
Kinda like when they have a sorry fence around their cows. The neighbors beef always tastes better.

/ Do you use your tractor in a fenced in Garden? #15  
I have a ~40-45 square garden, which I till with a 4 foot tiller on my tractor. Using 7' plastic deer fencing I just take one end down and till toward the opened end. Yes, I back up to the closed end. Annually, I change ends to open. My fence is attached with heavy duty ~15" zip ties. Using a kinife to release the catch they are reusable. It takes ~ 10-15 minutes to remove from the posts. My 2 gates, just deer fencing attached to a 2X2 at the open end, are ~5-6 feet wide. My fence posts are treated stockade fence cross pieces. I use 1 per corner, one in the middle of those sides without gates and and extra one at the gate opening to attach the 2X2. The gates are on opposed sides as a drive through path.

I do have to remove the gate posts on the open end unless I want to dodge the posts when tilling. I dodge ususally only when breaking ground for a 2nd crop.

Last edited:
   / Do you use your tractor in a fenced in Garden? #16  
I have both 5 ft fence with a wire above, and 6 ft fence. In over 30 years, deer have not jumped the fence.

I think the species is Columbian Blacktail.

Maybe there is plenty to eat outside the fence.

Bruce

/ Do you use your tractor in a fenced in Garden?
Kioti CK2610.....
Yah That's what I ordered. When the dealer couldn't get one he sold me a dk47 and I like it. . I took a big maple down today easily three foot bole My 30 Chainsaw blade wasn't long enough. The 26 HP tractor wouldn't have been able to haul that away in large pieces. I'd still be sawing and hauling right now.

/ Do you use your tractor in a fenced in Garden?
What kind of deer?
Whitetail. I've heard of them jumping 10 feet. A lot of people confuse them with an extra electrical wire about three feet off the ground and about that far from the real fence. Something about the multiple-barrier confuses 'em and they don't try. But I'm not looking to learn how to exclude the damned deer I'm looking for input on tractors in enclosed spaces.

I figure I'll use maybe ten feet on two sides and fifteen on one. I'll just mow that.

/ Do you use your tractor in a fenced in Garden? #19  
I had a 4 ft high electric fence around the big garden for 8 years. Only hooved rat problem was if the fence charger or battery was on the blink.

With this double fence and their poor depth perception, they won't attempt to jump a 4 ft fence. Before I put the double fence in (single outer strand), I'd see them easily jump the fence out the back door here. Since then, nada.

/ Do you use your tractor in a fenced in Garden? #20  
Whitetail. I've heard of them jumping 10 feet. A lot of people confuse them with an extra electrical wire about three feet off the ground and about that far from the real fence. Something about the multiple-barrier confuses 'em and they don't try. But I'm not looking to learn how to exclude the damned deer I'm looking for input on tractors in enclosed spaces.

I figure I'll use maybe ten feet on two sides and fifteen on one. I'll just mow that.
I had my electric fencing on 4 ft teflon poles, easy to remove.