Want to buy a dump trailer, kinda torn here.

/ Want to buy a dump trailer, kinda torn here. #191  
Now thats EXACTLY what I want.

specifically slide in ramps.

I like my 14k with folding ramps a lot but I wish it had a dovetail vs a straight deck. The straight deck makes the tipping point worse on my tracked machines than it could be and my mower won’t hardly go on at all.View attachment 696398

/ Want to buy a dump trailer, kinda torn here. #192  
   / Want to buy a dump trailer, kinda torn here. #194  
IF I do it, I think that’s what I’ll go with, but trailers are crazy high prices now. Would prefer to find something in stock to avoid the wait, too.

/ Want to buy a dump trailer, kinda torn here. #195  
I like my 14k with folding ramps a lot but I wish it had a dovetail vs a straight deck. The straight deck makes the tipping point worse on my tracked machines than it could be and my mower won’t hardly go on at all.View attachment 696398
Cannot view attachment?

But my thought was not even using the ramps.

A 24' equipment hauler with a dove.....the MX and my mini are 99% of my trailering. Neither need ramps. So if they are stand up ramps....they have to be used. But if they are stow-away ramps.....they aren't in the way and I can load /unload with one less step. Yet still have them for the 1% of the time I haul something different

/ Want to buy a dump trailer, kinda torn here. #197  
If you do what? Inquiring minds wanna know....
Ok, lol
Replace my existing equipment trailer with new one. Trailers are very tough right now if ordering. Was talking to Kaufman on Monday and they had 3 price increases since January. Tube steel prices rocketing upward.

Last edited:
   / Want to buy a dump trailer, kinda torn here. #198  
I think I'm going to sell my 7x14 12k dump to my buddy and have Appalachian build me a 7x14 15K dump derated to 9,995 lbs. I want the larger cylinders since Appalachian doesn't do scissor or front ram lifts.

Every dump trailer gets overloaded nearly daily. So may as well try to get in front of that by having the cylinders for a heavy lifting as you can get. I'm going to call them today and discuss and see if there there is a larger cylinder option that I can talk them into shoving under the dump. And 17.5" wheels.... and 7G floor.... And dual batteries.... and tarp.... and spare.... and aluminum ramps..... and rear drop leg loading supports....

/ Want to buy a dump trailer, kinda torn here. #199  
I think I'm going to sell my 7x14 12k dump to my buddy and have Appalachian build me a 7x14 15K dump derated to 9,995 lbs. I want the larger cylinders since Appalachian doesn't do scissor or front ram lifts.

Every dump trailer gets overloaded nearly daily. So may as well try to get in front of that by having the cylinders for a heavy lifting as you can get. I'm going to call them today and discuss and see if there there is a larger cylinder option that I can talk them into shoving under the dump. And 17.5" wheels.... and 7G floor.... And dual batteries.... and tarp.... and spare.... and aluminum ramps..... and rear drop leg loading supports....
I like Appalachian, but they are limited on options. I can respect that because I think they are trying to build simple, budget minded trailers. They are still selling "removable sides". Must be fun trying to pull sheets of steel vertically upward with a load of stone against 'em lol
I don't know what gauge their floors or sides are, they don't specify, at least in the sales literature I saw.
At $15,000 for their 25K dump trailer, that's a lot of load capacity for the price. If it had a 7ga floor and folding sides, I would be interested. Tandem Dual Gooseneck Dump Trailers by Appalachian Trailers
Can you let us know what you find out?

/ Want to buy a dump trailer, kinda torn here. #200  
Just talked to the fellow and already got the quote. Missing on the quote is the de-rate the 15,000 gross build to 9,995 and also missing is the rear drop legs for loading equipment. There is also a 3% cash discount, so assume around $300 off for cash.
Screenshot_20210428-090330_Drive.jpg
View attachment 696438View attachment 696439