Want to buy a dump trailer, kinda torn here.

/ Want to buy a dump trailer, kinda torn here.
The non-reinforced sides will be ok (somewhat hesitant in saying that) as long as you dont have one side down, one side up and you are off-loading material from the down side. You might push material into up side and bend it. Or if you are loading heavy materials like irregular shaped logs. Once they are bent, thats a bad day. It would be ok for mulch, stone, most construction debris.
Although the Lamar trailer I posted is pricey, its built like a tank. The 14k model is built pretty nice, too.

Youll get what you pay for in most cases.

i called them and they’re still using the dexter axels. As far as the lack of uprights after seeing some in person they seem solid enough imo. They do the 10 gauge sides and 7 gauge floor. End of the day I don’t plan on beating the hell out of whatever I buy.

/ Want to buy a dump trailer, kinda torn here. #182  
Man, kinda surprising how many details there really are to discuss about dump trailers here.

I'm not in the same league as what y'all are considering for the OP, but I sure do appreciate having my neighbors 6x10' 10k dump trailer available to me, had it all day saturday. Super easy to maneuver, actually it turns too quick when backing up.

By my math on the scales it only weighs about 2500 lbs empty, so the capacity to size ratio is just right, can fully load it up with 3-yards of whatever and safely haul behind my 2500HD. It dumps quick and strong as long as the battery is well charged.

This was a good bit less than 3 yards of gravel, they under loaded me, oy. (but fair price because of true scale weight).

JvdK5OS.jpg

Then the battery died here on this light mulch load. I got the mulch out by driving back and forth a bit, and then learned that you can't just let gravity bring a power-down dump trailer bed back down if the pump isn't turning. Filled the reservoir and blew the cap off, spraying hydraulic oil right in my face and all over the truck and trailer! ugh.

FqvnGKN.jpg

/ Want to buy a dump trailer, kinda torn here. #183  
Fair enough, makes me think a gooseneck might be the better option for the tongue weight aspect.
I have never regretted my 22‘ Diamond C 19LPX gooseneck trailer.

Attachments

• 604BF8BC-FEC8-4C33-B44C-966ED7513635.jpeg
    604BF8BC-FEC8-4C33-B44C-966ED7513635.jpeg
    4.7 MB · Views: 117
   / Want to buy a dump trailer, kinda torn here. #185  
That is pretty wild. Per your link it is obviously a PA intrastate thing. I am not aware of any other state in the nation that has that number as a threshold.

I was happy that I wasn’t mistaken for the last 4 or so years, lol. Like I said with the weight of newer trucks, it may not matter much soon anyway.

I live close to NJ, but turn down work there all the time because the contractor licensing is just silly.

/ Want to buy a dump trailer, kinda torn here. #186  
Dang....I have been looking for a year for a trailer like that (only 24' or 26').

Most new ones are a 26 week lead time. Used ones either are junk or don't last

/ Want to buy a dump trailer, kinda torn here. #187  
Dang....I have been looking for a year for a trailer like that (only 24' or 26').

Most new ones are a 26 week lead time. Used ones either are junk or don't last
That’s funny. Most everything I saw was 20’, 24’ or 26’. I was about to order 22’ when I found this one at a dealer I am acquainted with and it’s been a good one. Good luck shopping. One will turn up for you somewhere.

/ Want to buy a dump trailer, kinda torn here. #188  

My Load Max 24', 14k is very similar and has been a good one, 2016 model w/slide in ramps.

downsized_0626160613.jpg
downsized_0626160614.jpg

/ Want to buy a dump trailer, kinda torn here. #189  
That’s funny. Most everything I saw was 20’, 24’ or 26’. I was about to order 22’ when I found this one at a dealer I am acquainted with and it’s been a good one. Good luck shopping. One will turn up for you somewhere.
Kaufman builds a lot of 22’ instead of 20’ trailers, too.