Kubota RTV-XG850, Anyone?

/ Kubota RTV-XG850, Anyone?
Bump. Anybody got a sidekick?

/ Kubota RTV-XG850, Anyone? #12  
Our local town just priced out a loaded diesel Kubota sxs,with V and straight plow;all the bells and whistles to the tune of $42,000!A cabbed B3030 was cheaper.

/ Kubota RTV-XG850, Anyone? #13  
Have you look at the new Cub Cadet Challenger 550/750 MS series you get a lot of standard features for your money. Like e.g.
windshield
mirrors
roof
high side doors
3500 lb winch
Front and rear differential locks
EPS ( electric power steering) and tilt steering
Adjustable front and rear shocks
Front and rear 2" receivers
Aluminum wheels
12 " ground clearance
Led daytime running lights, signal and horn
and much more to list for less than any other UTV brand out there.
Just sayin
I look at them all before biting the bullet on the Challenger 750 EPS.

Have you look at the new Cub Cadet Challenger 550/750 MS series you get a lot of standard features for your money. Like e.g.
windshield
mirrors
roof
high side doors
3500 lb winch
Front and rear differential locks
EPS ( electric power steering) and tilt steering
Adjustable front and rear shocks
Front and rear 2" receivers
Aluminum wheels
12 " ground clearance
Led daytime running lights, signal and horn
and much more to list for less than any other UTV brand out there.
Just sayin
I look at them all before biting the bullet on the Challenger 750 EPS.

Thank, I'll take a look.

/ Kubota RTV-XG850, Anyone? #15  
Thank, I'll take a look.

Mind you the Challenger is not diesel if that is what you are looking for.
I had my eyes on a Kioti Mechron with cab, heater, plow and hydraulic dump but the price was overly crazy but after taking one out for a try I opted to the challenger. Not knocking down the Kioti but it was loud and the smell of diesel was not really my thing. Just saying.

/ Kubota RTV-XG850, Anyone? #16  
The other day my friend just priced a new R Spec Yamaha Wolverine X2. And I got looking at my quote for an RTV-X1100C, and it was then I thought to myself there is no way I am going to disappoint myself by buying anything other than the RTV.
Sure it doesn't have trail riding speed that I am used to, but the prices of these UTV's are now so close to the RTV, I can't see buying a regular gas UTV.

For not very much more you get a heavier duty frame, diesel engine, hydrostatic trans, hydraulics with real hydraulic steering and dumping and accessories, a PTO, heat, AC, spray in bedliner, turn signals, etc.
Ya, I know, it's not fast and you wouldn't go mud bogging with one, but I'd rather put my money into something that is work tough.

I did look at the Sidekick 850 as it has that faster speed, but again......priced too close to pass up a diesel cab model.

/ Kubota RTV-XG850, Anyone? #17  
Not putting down other brands or the Sidekick. There is some really nice stuff out there.
Just me personally, I would feel stupid spending the money they want for what you get. I'd go buy a brand new street legal Jeep with an 8000 pound winch first for the same money.

The other day my friend just priced a new R Spec Yamaha Wolverine X2. And I got looking at my quote for an RTV-X1100C, and it was then I thought to myself there is no way I am going to disappoint myself by buying anything other than the RTV.
Sure it doesn't have trail riding speed that I am used to, but the prices of these UTV's are now so close to the RTV, I can't see buying a regular gas UTV.

For not very much more you get a heavier duty frame, diesel engine, hydrostatic trans, hydraulics with real hydraulic steering and dumping and accessories, a PTO, heat, AC, spray in bedliner, turn signals, etc.
Ya, I know, it's not fast and you wouldn't go mud bogging with one, but I'd rather put my money into something that is work tough.

I did look at the Sidekick 850 as it has that faster speed, but again......priced too close to pass up a diesel cab model.
Not looking for a diesel, I already own a painfully slow UTV, the 620i. (kidding) Seriously, the big issue is that we use the UTV for a lot of short duty cycle stuff, like 10 minutes. I'd hate to put a diesel engine through that, but we do it to the gasoline one.

/ Kubota RTV-XG850, Anyone? #19  
Not putting down other brands or the Sidekick. There is some really nice stuff out there.
Just me personally, I would feel stupid spending the money they want for what you get. I'd go buy a brand new street legal Jeep with an 8000 pound winch first for the same money.

Or a Mahindra Roxor starting at about $15,000, which is basically a Jeep for off-road only use (they used to make Jeeps under license years ago, and are apparently largely using that design.)

I wish the Mahindra Bolero Pickup was available in the US, even if it was limited to off-road only use. Up to bout a 3300# payload. No idea what they would go for here, but only about the Indian Rupee equivalent of $14,000 (if you buy it in India)

/ Kubota RTV-XG850, Anyone? #20  
Or a Mahindra Roxor starting at about $15,000, which is basically a Jeep for off-road only use (they used to make Jeeps under license years ago, and are apparently largely using that design.)

I wish the Mahindra Bolero Pickup was available in the US, even if it was limited to off-road only use. Up to bout a 3300# payload. No idea what they would go for here, but only about the Indian Rupee equivalent of $14,000 (if you buy it in India)
If I want a rough, punishing ride when woods or trail riding at any an speed above a slow crawl I'll get a Jeep of a Roxor.
Till then I'll stick with sport UTV's.
Why Are Side-by-Sides So Expensive? Here's the Answer! - YouTube

Last edited: