Kubota RTV-XG850, Anyone?

/ Kubota RTV-XG850, Anyone? #1  

FatTire

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota L5740, Unimog 404 w/ snowblower, Deere 620i UTV, MX5100 (sold)
When I stopped by our local Kubota dealer for parts, they had a Sidekick XG850 near the door. Nice set of standard features including EPS, Rear diff lock, front limited slip. Has anyone purchased one, or other first-hand experience? Is there anything not to like? Starting to think about selling our 11 year old Gator 620i.

/ Kubota RTV-XG850, Anyone? #2  
I looked at those and they are a nice machine. Ultimately I ended up buying a new JD Gator because I wanted a gas engine and full cab.

/ Kubota RTV-XG850, Anyone? #3  
When I stopped by our local Kubota dealer for parts, they had a Sidekick XG850 near the door. Nice set of standard features including EPS, Rear diff lock, front limited slip. Has anyone purchased one, or other first-hand experience? Is there anything not to like? Starting to think about selling our 11 year old Gator 620i.

These UTV's have come light years from an 11 year old Gator, you will be amazed at them

/ Kubota RTV-XG850, Anyone? #4  
I looked at those and they are a nice machine. Ultimately I ended up buying a new JD Gator because I wanted a gas engine and full cab.
The 850 does have a gas engine and I believe a cab is available...

SR

/ Kubota RTV-XG850, Anyone?
48 HP gasoline engine. They have everything to configure a cab but not clear how nice it would be. We are not interested in a cab so that doesn't come into play for us.

/ Kubota RTV-XG850, Anyone? #6  
The 850 does have a gas engine and I believe a cab is available...

SR

Correct. My post should’ve also included that I wanted heat and A/C as well. I don’t believe the sidekick has those options.

These UTV's have come light years from an 11 year old Gator, you will be amazed at them

The major factor driving our interest to upgrade is lack of power steering. My wife hates it, and I have to admit I am sick of the steering wheel jerk when one front tire hits a rock. The second issue is just how slow it is going up a hill on our road, or even just going up our driveway.

/ Kubota RTV-XG850, Anyone? #8  
I had a Ranger and got rid of it. Got the itch again and based on the prices of the new machines these days, bought a Wrangler instead of the SxS.

Correct. My post should’ve also included that I wanted heat and A/C as well. I don’t believe the sidekick has those options.

They have a heater kit, and wipers/wash for the windshield, but no A/C. I can see that would be a deal killer for many people with full cab.

I had a Ranger and got rid of it. Got the itch again and based on the prices of the new machines these days, bought a Wrangler instead of the SxS.

Yeah I know for a lot of people a jeep or even an old toyota pick up can be a good alternative.