I think I may have had a mini stroke

/ I think I may have had a mini stroke #31  
I just read this thread and it is good you are aware of your conditions. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

This is a sober reminder to us to get our regular physical checks and not be "silly boys" who skip going to the doctor.

Nothing worse than losing a friend or loved one before their time.

Best wishes

Jim

/ I think I may have had a mini stroke
I have to have surgery Sept. 3rd. They are going to clean my atery in my neck. I will be laid up thru most of harvest. Keep me in your prays if you don't mind.

/ I think I may have had a mini stroke #34  
At least your getting the chance to have surgery, if you never followed up you may not have been posting here anymore. These are the times us men have to swallow our pride and let someone who knows better diagnose our problems.

Steve

/ I think I may have had a mini stroke #35  
At least your getting the chance to have surgery, if you never followed up you may not have been posting here anymore. These are the times us men have to swallow our pride and let someone who knows better diagnose our problems.

Steve

Yah! And always get a couple opinions from Dr.s you trust. I do that with plumbers and electricians, too. Your body is just a complicated HVAC system for your CPU. ;)

/ I think I may have had a mini stroke #36  
About 20 yrs ago, my dad had the same issue one weekend, when he was talking, the words were mumbled and didn't make sense. We got him to the doctor that same day and he was quickly scheduled for operation. They scraped one of his neck arteries, as the other had already closed. He never had any additional problems up until his passing at 86 yrs old. The side that had closed developed other arteries/vessels to supply blood where it was needed.

I've been taking statin meds for cholestrol for many years. They do a great job at keeping things within acceptable limits. If I ever have any problems, I hope I get a warning like you and my dad got.

Best of luck with the surgery, you will be in my prayers. I'll bet you'll be back in the saddle much quicker than than you think.

Ron

/ I think I may have had a mini stroke
Well I had to have a stress test this week and they found some problems there. Now I have to see a Heart Dr. before my surgery. I didn't even know I was sick. This is the 1st time since all this started that I have been a little scared. I am only 43 and I have alot I still want to do. Keep me in your prayers please.

/ I think I may have had a mini stroke #38  
Well I had to have a stress test this week and they found some problems there. Now I have to see a Heart Dr. before my surgery. I didn't even know I was sick. This is the 1st time since all this started that I have been a little scared. I am only 43 and I have alot I still want to do. Keep me in your prayers please.

If it is any consolation, just think of it as a tune up for your body. :) Many people have these conditions and get repaired just fine. Many members here on TBN can attest to that.

We'll keep you in our thoughts! ;)

/ I think I may have had a mini stroke #39  

We are praying for you. I hope for the best in your health.

John

/ I think I may have had a mini stroke #40  
Deer,
I'm pulling for you and hoping everything works out for the best. Hang in there and do what ya gotta do. I'm so glad the TBN members pushed back on you in response to your first post. I think I would ahve done the same thing you did but not any longer would I do that.