P/S B7100/7200

/ P/S B7100/7200 #111  
The 2 lines that are teed at the diverter are the relief valves lines. One for the joy stick/loader and the other for the power steering. They go to the fitting under the fill cap as does the return line from the control valve.
As mentioned before the control valve line has to go back into the system directly otherwise you will have backflow problem.

Clark

I have assembled most all of the parts to convert my B7100 to power steering. A drag link from a JD 400, & a diverter valve from ebay. I will make the tap in block to get hydraulic power from the block on the right side of the tractor. The one thing I am missing now is the little adapter for the fill plug on the transmission so I can route the oil back into the transmission. I have seen one on a b7100 that used the loader return there. My loader has its own pump so my tractor does not have that small extension under the fill plug. Does anyone know where I can get one? I have not tried my dealer yet. Does anyone know the part number if I do need to get it from a dealer?

/ P/S B7100/7200
KubotaSam - That is just a standard 'T' pipe fitting and a short nipple. I think it is 1/2 inch, not a Kubota part.

/ P/S B7100/7200 #113  
I have assembled most all of the parts to convert my B7100 to power steering. A drag link from a JD 400, & a diverter valve from ebay. I will make the tap in block to get hydraulic power from the block on the right side of the tractor. The one thing I am missing now is the little adapter for the fill plug on the transmission so I can route the oil back into the transmission. I have seen one on a b7100 that used the loader return there. My loader has its own pump so my tractor does not have that small extension under the fill plug. Does anyone know where I can get one? I have not tried my dealer yet. Does anyone know the part number if I do need to get it from a dealer?

Just remember if you tap into this block, you will also need to plug in between the 2 ports from inside the block. If not it will just bypass the steering system. I bought a new block, but it was expensive.

/ P/S B7100/7200 #114  
I will use a new piece of cold rolled steel and drill and tap the holes for the hydraulic hoses. I understand that you can not modify the original block.

/ P/S B7100/7200 #115  
OK, just checking. :D I didn't have the time to make one so I ended up dishing out over 100 bucks on the Kubota one.

/ P/S B7100/7200 #116  
Mr.pauls

Do you know the part # on the power steering pump and cyl. you used, and do you know the gal/min out put of a regular truck power steering pump. I was wanting to use a regular truck pump but don't know if it's output is enough to run the cyl. I like your set up and plan on doing the same thing to my B7100. Where did you get the race car parts?

bmwmike

/ P/S B7100/7200 #117  
THE PUMP AND CYLINDER ARE MADE BY SWEET. THEY WERE BOUGHT OFF EBAY. YOU CAN PULL UP SWEET POWER STEERING ON EBAY. THE REASON THEY WERE USED WAS BECAUSE OF THE SMALL SIZE. ANY PUMP THAT YOU CAN FIT, SHOUD WORK FINE AND USING A CYLINDER WITH AT LEAST A FIVE INCH STROKE.

/ P/S B7100/7200 #118  
As an update, my power steering (JD400) was working fine until the gears in the steering box striped from water freezing inside the box and my heavy hand. I tried to order the parts but the assy is back ordered until April.

I found a hydrostatic unit which will replace the gear box. I will post when its completed. The neat thing is it only requires .06 GPM flow. Presently I have a 1.5 GPM divider valve so if I can find a .06 valve I will gain back .09 for my loader and 3 pt. anyone seen a .06 GPM divider valve?
Clark

/ P/S B7100/7200 #119  
HI CLARKVG: READ THAT YOUR SECTOR AND GEARS CRACKED FROM FREEZING. HOW DID WATER GET IN SECTOR? YOU STATED EARLIER THAT TRACTOR HAS 450HRS. LOOKING AT PICTURES, TRACTOR APPEARS TO BE OLDER, BACK IN THE EARLIER 80s. DO YOU THINK THAT THE HOUR METER IS CORRECT? STEERING SECTOR SHOULD'NT BE BAD AT THESE LOW HRS. LET US KNOW WHAT YOU FIND OUT. ALSO THAT UNIT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT REPLACING SECTOR WITH, SOUNDS LIKE ONE THAT THEY WOULD USE ON A FORK LIFT OR A SMALL MOWER, IN OTHER WORDS, NO DRAG LINK. BE CAREFUL ON USING SOMETHING WITHOUT A DRAG LINK ON HILLY TERRIAN.

/ P/S B7100/7200 #120  
I'm not sure how the water got in there. I do know it didn't get in there on my watch, but it helps to explain why my steering was so hard to turn when I bought it. I think the damage had started but when I used in heavy snow the bearings broke loose.

My tractor is a '88 and the history and condition of the tractor suggests that the hours are correct but who knows. I did hear back directly from Kubota and they think they found the assy I need, but I'm thinking I will go hydrostatic. The hydrostatic unit is the same unit Kubota uses on their new tractors according to the dealer. I think I understated the volume the unit requires in my previous post, it requires .6 GPM. The unit will be here tomorrow so we will check it out to see how much work it will be to install it. I didn't consider the safety factor of a draglink, but I really don't have any steep hills.
Clark