P/S B7100/7200

/ P/S B7100/7200 #121  
I AM NOT AN AUTHORITY, BUT THE B7100 HAD A FIRST GENERATION THAT WAS MADE UNTIL SOMEWHERE AROUND 1985 AND A SECOND GENERATION STARTING AROUND 1988. TWO WAYS THE TO TELL ARE THE FRONT WHEELS AND THE GRILL. THE EARLIER MODELS ONLY HAD FOUR LUG BOLTS ON FRONT WHEELS AND HAD THE FLATTER GRILL. THIS MAY BE OF SOME HELP.

/ P/S B7100/7200
I'm sure you are correct on the 4 vs. 6 lug front wheels. The undercarriage of the earlier 7100's was painted blue. The later ones were painted gray. Also, the orange was a different color between the two versions. The last time I looked, both colors were still available in a spray can at my Kubota dealer. The later 7100HST also had brackets welded on the lower sides to attach the mid mount mower. You are also correct about the grill.

/ P/S B7100/7200 #125  
Another update... the hydrostatic unit didn't work out so. We put it back to original, installed the new parts for the steering, and it's working fine.

I'm wondering if anyone else has checked or found water in their steering unit? Or anywhere else?
Clark

/ P/S B7100/7200 #126  
HI CLARKVG: DO YOU MEAN THAT YOU DID AWAY WITH YOUR P/S? IF SO, COULD YOU EXPLAIN. I CAN'T COME UP WITH ANY WAY THAT WATER GOT INTO STEERING SECTOR. HOPE THAT SOMEONE ELSE HAS A THEORY. THANKS.

/ P/S B7100/7200 #127  
No, I didn't remove my power steering. I replaced the ball bearing/steering shaft assy. Everything is working great including the power steering.

I considered installing hydrostatic steering because I was told Kubota couldn't come up with the parts until April, but they found them.

Sense no-one else has had a problem with water in their steering box, I had better check for water elsewhere. Maybe this tractor went swimming at some point.
Clark

/ P/S B7100/7200 #128  
A POSSIBLE THEORY; IF TRACTOR SET OUTSIDE OR SOMEHOW WAS MAYBE WASHED WITH HIGH PRESSURE, AND THE CENTER CAP ON STEERING WAS OFF OR FITTED REAL LOOSE, MAYBE WATER RAN DOWN INSIDE OF STEERING COLLUM INTO SECTOR. JUST A GUESS. MAYBE THIS WILL HELP.

/ P/S B7100/7200 #129  
Pardon my ignorance, but what is a draglink?

/ P/S B7100/7200 #130  
This is a drag link. It is the long rod that connects the steering box to the front wheels.

Attachments

• Drag link.jpg
    Drag link.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 238