P/S B7100/7200

/ P/S B7100/7200 #141  
I'm not sure on the cylinder size, I would think the main thing to look for would be a long enough piston. I did not use I diverter valve, instead I ran it in series after my loader. There's a few more posts out there on how people have done it, these may give you more detail on a cylinder to use. Just search power steering and/or p/s.

/ P/S B7100/7200 #142  
yes the stroke is the main thiing on this project needs around 4"of travel with my project anyway
i used soft bolt to make it shear apose to damaging the axle ect look at the tag line for pics it is going to be rebuilt this year

/ P/S B7100/7200 #143  
Mike
Rob
Thanks for the responses. I have read all the posts and that is what got me started on this. I had read that a 4 inch stroke wasn't quite enough. Seem as as if the standard answer has been 5 inch. I would like to find a smaller diameter cylinder. All I have found have weighed a ton. One poster said the JD400 cylinder didn't have enough stroke. I might try one off of Ebay if I can get a reasonable one.

Also is the hydraulic block steel or aluminum if anyone knows. I think I will try and fab this. I was looking at FEL loader instructions and they were basically just cutting a steel line and putting the divertor right there. So if I strike out fabricating the plate I could go this route.

My idea is to follow Mr Paul except for hydraulic source.

The soft steel bolt to work as a sher pin is a great idea.
Thanks.
Garry

/ P/S B7100/7200 #144  
I measured mine yesterday and I need 6 1/2 inched lock to lock movement from the drag bar. Not being familiar with this type of control valve I am not sure how much movement there will be on the back part of the drag bar.

Garry

/ P/S B7100/7200 #145  
I know it's a bit far into this thread, but FWIW, here're some fotos of the official, made in USA Kubota aftermarket power steering kit I found and installed on my B8200 some years ago. Like everyone says, it's a wonderful mod., and if you can pull it off, well worth the trouble. Kits like mine are no longer available, but they were easy to install (I had to trim my loader's frame, and fab a strengthening bracket as a result, but that's because it wasn't a Kubota loader). As the poster said, long ago, it does sap hydraulic power at low engine speeds, but once you have some RPMs, everything works normally. If you could find to control valve, the rest of it would be doable.

Attachments

• steering hi.jpg
    steering hi.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 302
  • steering low.jpg
    steering low.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 253
   / P/S B7100/7200 #146  
Here are some pictures. This is my first try at this, so I hope it works. You can see I had to fabricate some attachment brackets, but hhis wan not difficult.

Thanks for posting the pics Elsie71. My only concern is the condition of you hoses, in some of your pics. Aren't they a little rough?
Fred

/ P/S B7100/7200 #147  
I guess the hoses are a little rough. I had neve noticed. they have been on there somewhere around 20 years. ln any case they do not leak.