ZTrak-Pump failure.

/ ZTrak-Pump failure. #1  

Red Horse

Veteran Member
Tractor
Deere 655ZTrak, Deere 4720 Cab, 400 X LT 155
My son has a 757 Ztrak with about 1200 hours on it. He started having trouble with one of the drive motors having a "lazy" response. Finally took it to the dealer and they say.."pump failed, chips got in both motors, $3500!. Kind of scary, 1200 hours and you get a $3500 repair. I'm not sure where the hyd. filter is-on the pump supply or the drive motor supply.

Any opinions?

/ ZTrak-Pump failure. #2  
My son has a 757 Ztrak with about 1200 hours on it. He started having trouble with one of the drive motors having a "lazy" response. Finally took it to the dealer and they say.."pump failed, chips got in both motors, $3500!. Kind of scary, 1200 hours and you get a $3500 repair. I'm not sure where the hyd. filter is-on the pump supply or the drive motor supply.

Any opinions?

Anytime the charge pump or main pump fails it sends debris through the whole system as the filter is on the suction side not the pressure side.

/ ZTrak-Pump failure.
Thx Huboman. I guess this makes the case that maybe they should have a secondary filter on the discharge. This would prevent further damage from failures in either the pump or the drive motors.

Maybe I should look at my 655 ZTrak. I have 1452 hours on it and the same son used this one commercially before he bought the big one.

/ ZTrak-Pump failure. #4  
Thx Huboman. I guess this makes the case that maybe they should have a secondary filter on the discharge. This would prevent further damage from failures in either the pump or the drive motors.

Maybe I should look at my 655 ZTrak. I have 1452 hours on it and the same son used this one commercially before he bought the big one.

That would require a substantial filter. Some machines do have pressure filters but they are very expensive. It would help stop some damage with a catastrophic failure.

/ ZTrak-Pump failure. #5  
Normally only the charge pump flow is filtered on HST's. Problem with putting filters in HST systems is that the oil flows both directions on the main work ports. Filters only work in one direction. I believe Schroeder Industries designed a high pressure filter for HST systems but they are big, expensive and heavy.