Zetorworld

/ Zetorworld #11  
anyone know what language that page uses ? maybe i could find an add-on so i could read it.
Most likely Czech, since they are a Czech company. 2nd choice would be Deutsche since the link in post 8 is a Deutsche website.

/ Zetorworld #13  
That will be a must be here event for you, next year at may 2022 in Dorsten (North-West Germany). ;)

All infos about the next Zetor day you can find every time up to date at: https://treffen.zetor-forum.de
Zetor day sounds like a lot of free food and fun. A big drawback for me is that I only speak English. Another would be the distance from where I’m at on the West Coast. It looks like about 5.5k miles. I checked and discover that with my method of preferred travel that it would be 175hrs one way. Probably more depending on weather.
1634335596497.jpeg

/ Zetorworld #14  
I didn’t know anything about Zetor tractors untill I clicked an ad link on TBN. It appears they have been around a long time. I had 1st incorrectly presumed Zetor was another Chinese clone brand. I watched a couple YouTube videos and was surprised to find out they make some very strong tractors.
Zetor wanted to introduce a direct injection diesel tractor in 1949, but the Soviets said no: thats way too advanced for a farmers tractor: Go build something bigger that we can use on collectivised farms: So they came back in 1954 with the direct injected Super.

In 1968 they were the first to mount a ROPS safety cab on rubber isolators. The tractor in question, the Crystal 8011, was a decade ahead of what the West was doing: it combined all modern developments in one tractor: the safety cab with no solid connection to the chassis, hydraulic actuated clutches for PTO, 4wd, and torque amplifier. Planetary end reductions, a constant mesh transmission. Lower link arm draft sensing. Other manufacturers could offer two or three of these features, but only Zetor had it all. Only JD with the 4230 was equal, but at a whole different price, at the exchange rate at the time.

However, because the revenues of the tractor industry was not invested back into the industry by the Communist government, but into military equipment to keep up in the arms race with the West, they started to lag behind in the 70s.

The Prague spring of 1968, when the Czech government liberalised the economy beyond the likes of the Soviets, resulting in Hungarian and Polish troops being ordered to overthrow the Czech government in order to replace them by Soviet puppets, was a writing on the wall: Otakar Diblik, the industrial designer who gave the Crystal its distinct look, escaped to Italy to work for an Italian design studio.

Last edited:
   / Zetorworld #15  
Zetor wanted to introduce a direct injection diesel tractor in 1949, but the Soviets said no: thats way too advanced for a farmers tractor: Go build something bigger that we can use on collectivised farms: So they came back in 1954 with the direct injected Super.

In 1968 they were the first to mount a ROPS safety cab on rubber isolators. The tractor in question, the Crystal 8011, was a decade ahead of what the West was doing: it combined all modern developments in one tractor: the safety cab with no solid connection to the chassis, hydraulic actuated clutches for PTO, 4wd, and torque amplifier. Planetary end reductions, a constant mesh transmission. Lower link arm draft sensing. Other manufacturers could offer two or three of these features, but only Zetor had it all. Only JD with the 4230 was equal, but at a whole different price, at the exchange rate at the time.

However, because the revenues of the tractor industry was not invested back into the industry by the Communist government, but into military equipment to keep up in the arms race with the West, they started to lag behind in the 70s.

The Prague spring of 1968, when the Czech government liberalised the economy beyond the likes of the Soviets, resulting in Hungarian and Polish troops being ordered to overthrow the Czech government in order to replace them by Soviet puppets, was a writing on the wall: Otakar Diblik, the industrial designer who gave the Crystal its distinct look, escaped to Italy to work for an Italian design studio.
Thanks for the history Renze. Very interesting.
You seem to be loyal to the brand, owning 2 yourself. (y)

/ Zetorworld #16  
anyone know what language that page uses ? maybe i could find an add-on so i could read it.
Evidently Joachin decided that zetorworld.com was not to his liking, as the site can't be found. I appreciate everything that Renze did to help me keep my Zetor 3320 in the woods.Was a good site for a stong tractor. Thanks Renze

/ Zetorworld #17  
Hello...

No - Zetorworld.com will be back, thats absolut safe. ;):cool:

But life can be pain and so I havn't enough time last months for the project Zetorworld.com.
Things changed now and so we work again at the old content to restore them later in a new and up to date forum software with a new structure and many new features.
Its a hard job to migrate if posible all the old content to the future, but we have a plan and we will nail it. :giggle:;)
Renze and I are often in contact so Iam be sure later he will be a part of the new site/forum. Not as the site owner, but as the founder and a well known Zetor expert.

Last months we move to a other (german) server hoster, have had many work with all the other projects and can now invest some time to work at this project.
One of the oldest Zetor forums can't dy its impossible. :giggle:(y)

And for your calendar for year 2023:
7. Zetor meeting 2023 (site is multi lingual, just chose your favorite one)
We be a part in the middle of the realy big event called "Bulldog, Dampf and Diesel" (a old tractor and stationiar motors meeting)
Its one of the biggest one (if not THE biggest one) in Germany.
Last time it was over 1.000 old tractors, trucks, cars and motor bikes at the big event place.

Date:
29. june to 2. jule 2023

(thuesday is first day for campers and the guys they come with a old tractor eg, official days for all others will be 1. and 2. jule 2023)

/ Zetorworld #18  
For your information, www.zetorworld.com is officially back since last month.

It took Joachim a while to find a programmer who could automate the process of transferring all the old content to a new database.

/ Zetorworld #19  
That's wonderful news and thanks to Renze and Joachim for sticking with it. I've long been a fan of Zetor technology, although I've never owned one.
rScotty