Zen-noh L2201DT

/ Zen-noh L2201DT #1  

spapke

Tractor
Kubota L2201DT
I'm a recently new owner of a Zen-noh (Kubota) L2201DT. So far the tractor has been great. There is one lever on the front dash that I do not know what it is for. Its located on the far left hand side of the front dash panel and it pulls out. Its attached to a cable that runs to the top of the engine. It looks like a choke lever, but I'm not sure. Can anyone help me out? Also, can someone tell me where I might find a ROP for this tractor. I have been told that if I order one for a Kubota L245DT it will fit. Please confrim.

Thanks,
Sherman

/ Zen-noh L2201DT #2  
The device you are discribing is your tractors compression release. Have you tried pulling it? Many times on these oloder grey market tractors they are froze up. But nothing a little WD40 can't handle.

/ Zen-noh L2201DT #3  
spapke,

I can't confirm that it will fit, but Kubota has a <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.kubota.com/rops.cfm> ROPS and Seatbelt </A> promotion going for $148 for the L245. It's the same package I put on my L345.

You have to order it through a Kubota dealer, which is probably the best idea anyway, since they might be able to answer your questions about the interchangability.

Search for ROPS threads for more information - and you might fill in your profile so we'll know where you are.

/ Zen-noh L2201DT #4  
Yeah the decompression lever on my old L185 (L245) is also froze up.

Over here it never gets too cold so it starts without it.

Should it be used for cold starts??

/ Zen-noh L2201DT #5  
If you want to take advantage of the rops special priceing through a Kubota dealer , you need to fill out a form that is downloadable at the Kubota web site . However you must fill in the model and serial number . This will tell them that it is a grey market tractor and they wont help you . If there is a couple of owners of L245DT tractors here that would "loan" us there model and serial numbers , I would like to have a rops too ! These are strong little tractors !

/ Zen-noh L2201DT
Thanks for all of the great information. I've tested the knob and it definently is the decompression knob. For those interested, I've gotten some very helpful information from acreageoutfitters.com. The guy there really seems to know alot about Kubotas. I'm going to check with the Kubota dealer regarding ROPs. I may know a dealer that will work with me.

/ Zen-noh L2201DT #7  
It's a good idea to use the decompression lever on all cold starts until you show some oil pressure , or the oil light goes out. As they say, "the worst thing you can do to your engine is to start it up".